thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got some pictures added of the foot pegs, and cb antenna mount added.

Foot Pegs by https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100006794358355
He does great work highly recommend him for any crazy idea you might have

CB antenna mount is Cool Tech https://www.cooltechllc.com/wrangler-parts-accessories/113-wrangler-jl-cb-antenna-bracket.html

Had all my powder coating by these guys https://sadlerpowdercoating.com/ they do the best work I have seen and really good people. The red is almost an exact match and the foot pegs are a textured powder coating and is awesome.

cbnotire.jpg

jlcbred.jpg

jloverview.jpg

trexfinished.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
thecritter

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Very Easy I went thru the grommet in the door in first picture. And used the cloth sleeve to get to the body. The factory bolts are a pain to get off might put some of the painters tape on the tail gate so if bit slips off to save a scratch i got a small one. It is a tight fit with the factory wheels and 35's but don't see it being a problem. I did scrape some of the powder coating as to get a good ground for the mount.

tightfit.jpg

OP
OP
thecritter

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I put in the factory aux switches they did not come from fractory with them so I don't have the 12 hot under the dash. I did wire it to one of the aux buttons I was not using. But having ran the wires for the aux switches it would be fairly easy to run to the battery. I know there is an install video out there skip to where they run wire from engine bay
to cab.

Sponsored

bizzle2005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Sport S, 2005 Honda Shadow 750
I wonder if I can make my own bracket. This don't seem too hard to make. I would rather save that $45. What do you think op?

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
PSA: The FCC (Funny Communications Company) requires that all Citizens Band operators listen to this at least once prior to operating their CB radio. I don't make the rules, I just supply the comic relief. Enjoy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
thecritter

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if I can make my own bracket. This don't seem too hard to make. I would rather save that $45. What do you think op?
It is made out of stanless and has the right length bolts and spacer washers. It is very well made, and I don't have the patience lol. I was going to make something out of some aluminium angle and knew mine would not turn out this good. Now for my old 91 Chevy truck yes I have made my own mounts..
Sponsored