Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
ME: I want a LOL Ham Sandwich.

Subway employee: You want lettuce only on the left side?

ME: YOU IDIOT. I'm going to Quiznos.
at my company, "L O L" stands for Load on Line as when a product is loaded to the assembly line to begin manufacturing. We had plans full of LOL's and it was hilarious. But engineers have a sick sense of humor so they switched it to "SET ON LINE" or SOL for short. hehehehe

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
It’s the norm now, and please don’t get mad, raise blood pressure hurt your health. Just keep in mind all good server mechanic salesPERSON work from home now.

Sponsored

RFR JLR 2.0

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist
I drove a Jeep for a year before I even knew what JLUR stood for. My user name includes JLR 2.0 but I drive a JLUR 3.6. Since when does “unlimited” mean 4? The 2.0 is because this is my second JL and not because I have a 2.0 engine. In hindsight probably not the best user name.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
even if you pay cash some finance guy still bugs you to sell their warranty/protection plan/and talks you into their 0% apr financing. Some dealer are just horrible.
During the pandemic, all you have to do is start coughing and they'll get you out of there pronto.

Extended warranty - 2 coughs.

Gap protection - 4 coughs in the direction of the finance guy.

Rustproofing - uncontrollable cough with some saliva particles flying around

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Cool! That's how it happens when you pay cash.
That actually had a trade in, with double the paperwork.

Had the exact same <15 min experience when leasing a Jag and Mercedes. And similar when financing an Expedition.

I'm not sure where you guys are buying your vehicles that you are enduring the claimed abuse.

Sponsored

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
That actually had a trade in, with double the paperwork.

Had the exact same <15 min experience when leasing a Jag and Mercedes. And similar when financing an Expedition.

I'm not sure where you guys are buying your vehicles that you are enduring the claimed abuse.
I'm in and out like yourself. I don't mess around at dealerships. I refuse to play their silly games. When you let them know you are in control of the deal and are willing to walk then the process goes quickly. Never ever let emotions drive the purchase.

My last new 4 wheeled purchase was a Chevy Tahoe for my ex wife. It was all setup through her AAA employee discount program. The finance guy was friends with her coworkers so it ended up being seamless. More time spent driving around testing the vehicle than at the dealership.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I drove a Jeep for a year before I even knew what JLUR stood for. My user name includes JLR 2.0 but I drive a JLUR 3.6. Since when does “unlimited” mean 4? The 2.0 is because this is my second JL and not because I have a 2.0 engine. In hindsight probably not the best user name.
Since 2007. From 2005-2006 it meant “long.”

OffRocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Please STOP with the gender normative language! It should be workpersonship!!! Come on now! /s
Seriously, this is just wrong! We need to get rid of all the systemic gender biases. Why do you lean towards male children?

It should not be workperSONship, but maybe workperCHILDship.

navyflyer

First Name
“Chopper” Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi
Occupation
Airline pilot
Yesterday, I wanted to test drive a diesel wrangler. According to a dealers website there were a couple rubicon’s on the lot so off I went.

Me - I am looking for a JLURD
salesman - So your looking for a right side drive. We don’t have any.
Me - Why would you think I am looking for a right ride drive?
slaesman - ooo, I don’t know
Me- Do you have any diesel rubicon’s?
salesman- no

I decided to call the next dealer by phone before driving across town.

Me- Hi, I would like to talk to a salesman that knows wranglers.
saleswoman- You can talk to a saleswoman, how can I help?
Me- Do you know what a JLURD is?
saleswoman- a URD? What is that?
Me- Are there any diesel wranglers I can test drive?
saleswoman- All wranglers arriving are orders only, no dealer allocations. Lead time is 90 days.

With the slowdown in inventory I am sure dealerships are loosing experienced salesmen that are seeking different jobs to provide an income. When I bought my JKU in 2013 my salesman was a jeeper. He knew gear ratios, axles, and options of all wrangler models. Today, it really helps to do your own research ahead of time.
Were we married once? Jess, is that you?