Fogs On or Off When Driving?

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited, 2017 Toyota Highlander
Do you guys drive with your fogs on or off during normal daily driving ?? I see a lot of JLs lately running no fogs on - just curious if this is a thing or not ...
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I always do. They’re more driving lights (illuminating the road just in front and to the sides of the Jeep) for me than fog lights. They put a lot of useful light on the road closer in than the headlights do. OEM LED lights.

jimmyzwheelz

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon 2DR
Driving with fog lights on is annoying to oncoming drivers! Unless it is actually foggy and you need them for vision, it's a waste.

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
Driving with the lower fog lights on proves to other drivers that I'm not driving with my high beams on (a common problem with the LED headlights)... At least for those who understand that fogs and highs can't be on at the same time. That said, I'm 50/50.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Do you guys drive with your fogs on or off during normal daily driving ?? I see a lot of JLs lately running no fogs on - just curious if this is a thing or not ...
Driving with fog lights on is annoying to oncoming drivers! Unless it is actually foggy and you need them for vision, it's a waste.
I actually always just drive with my headlights off, DRL and fogs on, when its not completely dark out or road has enough illumination from streetlights. Less annoyance for incoming drivers.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
If they’re aimed properly they aren’t an issue to oncoming traffic. I haven’t been flashed once. I drove into my oncoming Jeep head/fog lights in a low vehicle and had no problem. The OEM lights aren’t as scattered and don’t throw glare like some of the cheap aftermarket options.

As far as improving vision I’ll agree to disagree. I see much more close in front and to the sides with them on compared to the headlights only. YMMV.

Sponsored

GuapoJeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
On. I adjusted my headlights so they aren't being blinded and as one other member said it shows others that my led's aren't high beams.

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
Off unless there’s no one in front of me on a country road because I’m not blind PS I have halogens:rock:

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
On pitch black twisty country roads I have them on for better lateral view and improved illumination going around those curves.

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2015 Subaru Outback, 2011 Toyota Sienna
Off unless I need them for fog. Think I’ve turned them on once to see if they worked.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Always on... day and night. For those who don't have them on may not know where the switch is. In fact, I find it too easy to hit button and forget to look if on or not on the dash.

More fact:
No street lights in the country, narrow roads and oncoming drivers I see at a curves as they try to "straightening out the road", code for drive on my side of road going around a curve. I want them to know I on my side of road both day and night.

Just want others to see me.

I turned off the default where fogs go out when in high beams. I used my Tazer function.

I did adjust my LED headlights at correct height and wish everyone would do same as both FCA and dealer don't do it or care about giving Jeep owners a bad name from the people we meet on the road. Yes I do care about other with my lights on.

After thought: After reading the post after mine. It would be interesting to know if your are driving and a street light road or dark country road where animals jump out.
Sponsored

Last edited: