OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
That is one thing my wife's wants to do, customize it a bit (chief style stripes, tire cover, etc) since right now she says it looks like a rental!
Nothing wrong with that kind of support! My wife is always telling me to do stuff to my Jeep haha
Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Drone skins... yep, it’s a thing..

I think most Jeep owners are literally addicted to upgrading just about anything at this point haha

Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Roll Call! 5B161A54-F653-44CD-8405-E53EFA00665E

7thson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Drone skins... yep, it’s a thing..

I think most Jeep owners are literally addicted to upgrading just about anything at this point haha

Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Roll Call! 5B161A54-F653-44CD-8405-E53EFA00665E
We love San Sebastian wine! Also looking at drones now too haha it’s a deep rabbit hole digging your Jeep so much you wanna film it every time you go out. A GoPro and DJI osmo pocket just aren’t enough.

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
We love San Sebastian wine! Also looking at drones now too haha it’s a deep rabbit hole digging your Jeep so much you wanna film it every time you go out. A GoPro and DJI osmo pocket just aren’t enough.
Haha That’s precisely why I got the Mavic Air 2. Great drone. Very easy to manage and long flight times. I would recommend that any drone from DJI that you choose you should get the Fly More Combo. You won’t regret it.

Local wine is always the best!

Sponsored

7thson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
What’s your guys’ experience driving around with no doors in Florida? I wanna go for a ride without them but I’m wondering if a cop might give me a hard time for no mirrors.

Vettethret

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Diesel/2022 X3M Comp
I escaped CA 5 months ago (Dana Point), and moved to Eagle ID. As nice as the people are here, we feel isolated and just dont like it. Coming from the beach, my girl is having a hard time dealing with the gloomy winters and short days. We have 3 Month old house going on market, moving to Naples within the next 60 days (ID housing Market is insane).

The wife went there once and fell in love with Naples. She said it was Newport Beach on steroids. She wanted to move there rather than Idaho but I said no, my mom was in a nursing facility and I wanted to be close enough to her. Unfortunately Covid took my mom's life on Jan 4th. I've never been to FL but am listing the house on Thursday, I'm ready to get out of ID asap. Looking at communities within 15 miles of 5th street (Isle of Collier Preserve, Treviso Bay, Stonecreek, Azure). Having never been there, any input from anyone living in Naples would be appreciated. I just finished my latest build, I'm not quite sure it will fit in with the neighborhood!

Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Roll Call! JEEP 1

JeeperVirus

First Name
Chris or Dex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4Door
Occupation
IT Project Manager/Qlik Sense Admin
What’s your guys’ experience driving around with no doors in Florida? I wanna go for a ride without them but I’m wondering if a cop might give me a hard time for no mirrors.
i do it all the time. The key thing is mirrors. If you got them they wont care. Driven by cops, been at lights next to cops and nothing.

There are a ton of options for mirrors on the JL but only a handful are really good.

i went with the Kik Bax Offroad ones. $150 for the pair and it had an integrated foot peg and they lock in, so they wont fold on you like the other options out there.

Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Roll Call! D0FB203A-78EF-40B7-A328-8AA3ECAEFEC5

I did try the driving around with doors off and no mirrors, but in miami that was more sketchy with our wonderful drivers than i was worried about cops. Lol

JeeperVirus

First Name
Chris or Dex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Having never been there, any input from anyone living in Naples would be appreciated. I just finished my latest build, I'm not quite sure it will fit in with the neighborhood!
Sorry to hear about your mom and my condolences to you and your family.

I dont live in Naples but frequent a lot and i see enough Jeeps around there to say i believe you should be ok on fitting in and shouldn’t have a problem. I actually stopped there yesterday on my way home from a road trip for gas and had a few people come up and ask me about the jeep and how i liked it that lived there.
Never got any strange looks from the cops or natives while driving through or the few times i have gone to Naples for the beach.

Again just my 2 cents as i have not lived there but thats been my experience with Naples natives.

Sponsored

7thson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
i do it all the time. The key thing is mirrors. If you got them they wont care. Driven by cops, been at lights next to cops and nothing.

There are a ton of options for mirrors on the JL but only a handful are really good.

i went with the Kik Bax Offroad ones. $150 for the pair and it had an integrated foot peg and they lock in, so they wont fold on you like the other options out there.

Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Roll Call! D0FB203A-78EF-40B7-A328-8AA3ECAEFEC5

I did try the driving around with doors off and no mirrors, but in miami that was more sketchy with our wonderful drivers than i was worried about cops. Lol
That looks like a great option. I've seen guys with foot pegs and they look cool as heck but driving a stick they're kinda useless on my side.

I head ya about the drivers down there. I grew up in Fort Lauderdale and I never ventured south of Griffin unless I absolutely had to haha. Moved up to Orlando a year ago and as long as you avoid I-4 its a different planet up here

Vettethret

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Diesel/2022 X3M Comp
Sorry to hear about your mom and my condolences to you and your family.

I dont live in Naples but frequent a lot and i see enough Jeeps around there to say i believe you should be ok on fitting in and shouldn’t have a problem. I actually stopped there yesterday on my way home from a road trip for gas and had a few people come up and ask me about the jeep and how i liked it that lived there.
Never got any strange looks from the cops or natives while driving through or the few times i have gone to Naples for the beach.

Again just my 2 cents as i have not lived there but thats been my experience with Naples natives.
Thank you, I appreciate it. It's good to hear the Jeep will fit in. I know there's a lot of Jeepers in FL. Looking forward to living at the beach again.

JeeperVirus

First Name
Chris or Dex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That looks like a great option. I've seen guys with foot pegs and they look cool as heck but driving a stick they're kinda useless on my side.

I head ya about the drivers down there. I grew up in Fort Lauderdale and I never ventured south of Griffin unless I absolutely had to haha. Moved up to Orlando a year ago and as long as you avoid I-4 its a different planet up here
hahaha yeah i only get to use them when I’m at a light because i have a 6speed also. No good while driving. Lol. I can’t blame you for not venturing past griffin.

JeeperVirus

First Name
Chris or Dex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hey everyone! From Tampa. Had a 2019 Sport that was totaled a few months back and I’m finally back in. Love the new ride!

Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Roll Call! 1FC96FDC-E1D6-4F85-BB23-479146B3CB27
Welcome back. Beautiful Rubi. Thats the first one i seen with the red striping on the hood and fender vents. Was that factory?

love that factory 3 piece bumper. Thats probably the one option i should have had the dealer add.
Sponsored