Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
I have not taken a good look at the Mopar mats. Does the drain plug get in the way if you do not plunge them into the floor? Will they stick up or bump up if you don't use them?

Never mind…I just realized you attached a excellent video that explains everything. Nice job on the red plug. 3-D printing? You can probably sell a bunch of them. Great job!
It sticks up just a little, but yeah I think my mod makes it look nice. Matches the look of the mats and the red accents in the Jeep.
Sponsored

sirryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I agree about the quadratic channels being harder to clean. I do like they are deeper though. I have had WeatherTech in all my cars except for my JK. My JK came with the Mopar mats. I thought all my WeatherTech mats fit great, held up and did their job well. What did you not like about them?

I am asking because I like the higher lip of the WeatherTech on the right side of the driver mat that rest on the center trans tunnel.
Anytime the doors were off, they would flop around incessantly...the back flew out once. Ended up having to put something heavy on it every time. If there was a lock to keep them down like the mopar ones, i would revisit the weathertechs.

HoosierJL

First Name
Fletch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
It sticks up just a little, but yeah I think my mod makes it look nice. Matches the look of the mats and the red accents in the Jeep.
I took a razor and cut the back side of the drain hole area down so they don't cause the top to stick up.

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I’d highly recommend weathertechs, as I’ve had them in all of my vehicles. Their form & fit are second to none.

For my Jeep, it came with the Mopar mats & tbh I’m very happy with them after about 1,000 miles. I ordered the weathertech cargo mat for full coverage in the rear cargo area, but see no need to get the weathertech front & rear seat mats as the mopar mats work very well for me.

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I took a razor and cut the back side of the drain hole area down so they don't cause the top to stick up.
I suppose that is an option, but I find the slight raise works to keep the water towards the center of the mat. Regardless, I don't pay attention to it very much, it fulfills its purpose as a floor mat :like:

Sponsored

HoosierJL

First Name
Fletch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
I suppose that is an option, but I find the slight raise works to keep the water towards the center of the mat. Regardless, I don't pay attention to it very much, it fulfills its purpose as a floor mat :like:
I sometimes take long road trips and I like to move my left foot between my dead pedal and the rear left of the floor mat over time. Without lowering that raised area down it was uncomfortable to place my foot there.

Just this week I drove from Indianapolis to Detroit and back.

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I sometimes take long road trips and I like to move my left foot between my dead pedal and the rear left of the floor mat over time. Without lowering that raised area down it was uncomfortable to place my foot there.

Just this week I drove from Indianapolis to Detroit and back.
I see. So proof the JL is good for long trips
:jk:

HoosierJL

First Name
Fletch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
I see. So proof the JL is good for long trips
:jk:
I made the same trips in my 2012 Sahara 2 door and 2017 JKUR Hard Rock. I find the seats more comfortable in the JL, but the JK had less wind noise.

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I keep seeing lots of comments about wind noise, but I don't find it bad at all on the JL. It's not at the level of a luxury sedan filled with insulation in the doors, but it's not bad.

Just turn up the radio :rock:

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
What floor mats is everyone running? I currently have the Jeep all weathers that came with it but I am considering the move to Weathertech.

Also, I saw recently tha a forum member had a plug for the hole in the Jeep ones, but I cannot seem to find that thread. Can anyone direct me to said forum member?
I went with the Jeep/Mopar ones. Bit more than the cheapest ones out there, but (1) they have great coverage up the sides of the foot wells, (2) they looks really cool with the topographical map style and red Jeep logos, and (3) the integration with the factory foot well drains is just awesome - you can wash and drain these mats without even taking them out of the Jeep. Just scrub them down with a soapy brush, pull the drain plug out of the mat, and rinse them right out.

There is a very good video about them at ExtremeTerrain's product page. Other big retailers who shall go nameless carry them for about $12 bucks less, but I was inclined to support XT because they have given me such good customer service in the past.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/moparweather-front-rear-floor-liners-black-2018-jl-4-door.html

Sponsored

Lmike6453

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude (Black)
I’d highly recommend weathertechs, as I’ve had them in all of my vehicles. Their form & fit are second to none.

For my Jeep, it came with the Mopar mats & tbh I’m very happy with them after about 1,000 miles. I ordered the weathertech cargo mat for full coverage in the rear cargo area, but see no need to get the weathertech front & rear seat mats as the mopar mats work very well for me.
How is the material of the WeatherTech cargo mat?
Is it more rubbery than plastic? Do things slide around?

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
I'm using the Mopar from my JK, doesn't fit like a glove, but it fits ok enough for none abuse use, kids are in child seats at the back, so not too much foot traffic at the backseat to worry about. The JK mats are worthless resale and JL is a hefty sum, will reevaluate come winter.

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
I replaced my mopar with weathertech. I like them. even though they're pretty flat, there are enough grooves to catch the sand so my shoes don't just slide all around like on the mopars. and I like the higher lip on the driver side.

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Mopar, all about the drain plugs but amazed some people leave them in the carpet underneath!

Trojan_Actual

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Occupation
Retired Military
I went with rugged ridge and couldn't be happier.
I like the cool tire tread and it contains liquid spills.
Fits perfect.

1298805_1.4234.jpg

J126971-JL_alt2.jpg
Did you pic those up on the RR website? I wanna make sure i get the proper ones since im 4-door and I have a Subwoofer
Sponsored