johnyash

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler
Hello.

I purchased a used Willys 2 door with 22,000 miles on the clock. In the past year I put 11,000 miles on it. As I was doing an inspection on my vehicle, I noticed the tires need to be replaced immediately, I mean its at 1/10 tread. All four tires have even tread ware.
The Willys come stock with aggressive off road tires. I showed my buddy and he immediately said that the 1st owner much have flat towed the vehicle and that there is no way the tires gone bad at only 33,000 miles.

My question is if there is any way I can check to see if the vehicle was flat towed by the 1st owner and by how many miles? Is there anyway a Jeep keeps track of these flat towed miles?

Thanks
Sponsored

Robnfl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0 Diesel - Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired USN
Does it still have the OEM plastic bumper? If so does it have tow bar attach points under the front bumper, attached to the frame? The plastic facia under the bumper would have been cut/modified also.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I'd be thrilled to get 33,000 miles out of a set of tires personally. I usually need a new set at about 20-25K. At least on all my previous vehicles, we'll see how the Jeep does.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
You can absolutely burn through a set of tires in 30k.

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
As noted 33k miles is pretty good on a set of aggressive tires. Sounds like a trip to the tire shop is in order,
Sponsored