DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Why not use 75-140 on both ends? Overkill on the front, but easier to just buy 1 jug IMHO. The cold viscosity is the same, but you get better hi-temp protection on the 140. I live in FL and mainly do city or offroad driving, so I typically go as big as possible on the top number on all fluids.
Sure! I don't think there would be any issue with doing that. I just go 75w90 in the front mainly because it is cheaper in some brands and good enough for the much less stress the front gets. But all things equal, why not? I usually use the leftover 75w140 from the rear and then finish it off with 75w90, so I'm probably sitting on a 75w110-ish when done. I'll have to measure it more precisely and run it through the viscosity calculator to see where it lands, but I'd bet it is in that range.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I can only imagine what my manual trans gears look like. I've changed the fluid three times in 20k miles. The first time (at ~2500mi) there was a ton of metal on the magnet. The second time (at 12k) about 1/2 as much and the 3rd swap just some metallic sludge so I guess it finally stopped shedding.

If anyone has the manual trans I'd def suggest swapping the fluid.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I can only imagine what my manual trans gears look like. I've changed the fluid three times in 20k miles. The first time (at ~2500mi) there was a ton of metal on the magnet. The second time (at 12k) about 1/2 as much and the 3rd swap just some metallic sludge so I guess it finally stopped shedding.

If anyone has the manual trans I'd def suggest swapping the fluid.
Mine wasn't too bad on the first change. I'll be doing it again in the spring, maybe as early as March. I'm running Valvoline ATF+4. I'll do the T-case while I'm at it, for its 2nd change, too.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Mine wasn't too bad on the first change. I'll be doing it again in the spring, maybe as early as March. I'm running Valvoline ATF+4. I'll do the T-case while I'm at it, for its 2nd change, too.
I've been using Amoil signature series ATF and it's smooth as silk now. Much smoother than new. Guess it broke in...

I have some Redline C+ ATF in the garage I might use next, just to see. Can't imagine it getting any smoother.

I also changed the TC fluid twice now with Amsoil sig series. It's looked fresh as new both times. I won't change it again until 50k.
Sponsored