Finally got me a Jeep Wrangler!

TXFirecracker

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Willys
I would also look into the Bolt hood lock. It keys to your engine key (one less key to carry) and keeps people from easily mess with your engine If you left your hood stock . I just installed mine this weekend (super easy).
for cleaning and upkeep: 303 makes some awesome cleaning and sealing products that protect from the damaging rays of the sun, especially if you live in a warmer climate and will go topless a lot. I live in southern FL and the sun is unrelenting. I had all of the windows tinted with a ceramic tint keeps interior cooler and blocks a majority of the UV rays. Have fun and enjoy your new ride!
Dang it if I didn't forget ordering some 303 aerospace protectant as well. Can't even keep up with my own addiction. All excellent recommendations, but once you begin you soon realize you have committed your credit card number to memory.... Hothead headliners are next...
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
welcome to the 2 door life style. i would enjoy it for now and figure out what you woud like to do to the wrangler. read up on the forum here and get some ideas.

i'm working mine in stages since this is my daily driver. the first thing i did was swapped out my halogen head light and fog light bulb with supernova v4 led bulb from headlight revolution. total cost was $348. then added rough country 2" led aux lights, mounted to the windshield. $100. then a locking gas cap. these are small mods thats worth doing. i'm currently looking into a winch bumper and winch setup as my 2nd stage. the last stage will be slightly larger tires and wheels once the original one are done. that will be pretty much it for now and maybe a few other things like skid plates and a rear bumper / tire carrier.. i'm keeping thing simple and still have it as a daily drive.

Trailnut

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Chevy Colorado, '20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Fire Marshal (Retired)
OK Ladies and Gents just got my first ever jeep, a Bright White 2020 2D Sports Wrangler and I love it. I have two questions, first is what should my first "necassary" mod be and second how much play in the steering wheel is normal? Jeep steering seems to get more loose at higher speeds "above 50ish" and pull slightly to the right. Thanks in advance

Congrats on the new Jeep :like:

TXFirecracker

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Willys
This not a mod but more of a heads up. I read in another thread to open the fuse box under the hood and make sure all fuses were seated. Did that this morning and sure enough about 40% needed to be pushed in. Push in until you feel or hear the click. Fuses and relays...also check oil level. Mine was fine but others have reported over filling.

OP
OP

dannyd37920

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Wrangler Sport
Thanks Gents, I think I'm going to start with a locking gas cap or locking door cover and short antenna

Sponsored

TXFirecracker

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Willys
Thanks Gents, I think I'm going to start with a locking gas cap or locking door cover and short antenna
Nice call. My first mods were the Mopar locking gas cap and 15" antenna. That will ease you into this uncontrollable addiction called "Jeep moditosis".......

TXFirecracker

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Willys
Not sure if you have a hard top or not but you may start looking into a headliner if you do. I live in your area and know how friggin hot it gets down here. I bought the Hotheads headliner and installed them in preparation for what is sure to come....