Finally got me a Jeep Wrangler!

dannyd37920

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Wrangler Sport
OK Ladies and Gents just got my first ever jeep, a Bright White 2020 2D Sports Wrangler and I love it. I have two questions, first is what should my first "necassary" mod be and second how much play in the steering wheel is normal? Jeep steering seems to get more loose at higher speeds "above 50ish" and pull slightly to the right. Thanks in advance
Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
OK Ladies and Gents just got my first ever jeep, a Bright White 2020 2D Sports Wrangler and I love it. I have two questions, first is what should my first "necassary" mod be and second how much play in the steering wheel is normal? Jeep steering seems to get more loose at higher speeds "above 50ish" and pull slightly to the right. Thanks in advance
Well, your first "necassary" mod should be a dictionary, it is necessary. Get an angry bird grill, throw some Amazon $10 light bars, get some offroad stickers, bang! You are the hottest Jeeper in town and girls will come on you like bugs attracted to light!

Just kidding, pulling to the right is usually road crown, and this is particular bad in Jeep or any vehicle with fat tires.

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
The steering does tighten over a couple hundred miles of usage. Not clear why, but mine improved significantly. While not perfect I can deal with it

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport
check your air pressures, many are found to be overinflated on delivery......first mod is to strip it down and enjoy some open air freedom!:flag:

Sponsored

OP
OP

dannyd37920

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks everyone, you all are very helpful will try different suggestions.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Congratulations on the new Jeep and welcome to the family. I am a relatively new Jeep owner like you. The great thing about Jeeps is that you have almost unlimited options to make your Jeep reflect your personality and tailored to the uses you have for it. The Jeep community is very strong and you will get great input to help you along the way. This forum has been the go to reference for me since even before I bought my Jeep in July 2019. There are some very funny conversations and some strong opinions on various accessories.

Go out and enjoy the hell out of it. If you have experiences similar to what I have had, you will find the Jeep is far more capable that you can imagine. Go down roads you wouldn't in a normal vehicle and explore and have fun. Find a Jeep or off-road group that offers various difficulty runs and learn about the mechanics and what others have for accessories. Take the top off, drop the front windshield (buy the windshield straps), and take off the doors. Even if you only do it once, it is an experience and capability not available on other vehicles.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
One more thing to add. Drive it stock for awhile. That will let you learn what you are interested in doing with it and you can modify it to meet those interests.

Reactions: TMP
OP
OP

dannyd37920

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations on the new Jeep and welcome to the family. I am a relatively new Jeep owner like you. The great thing about Jeeps is that you have almost unlimited options to make your Jeep reflect your personality and tailored to the uses you have for it. The Jeep community is very strong and you will get great input to help you along the way. This forum has been the go to reference for me since even before I bought my Jeep in July 2019. There are some very funny conversations and some strong opinions on various accessories.

Go out and enjoy the hell out of it. If you have experiences similar to what I have had, you will find the Jeep is far more capable that you can imagine. Go down roads you wouldn't in a normal vehicle and explore and have fun. Find a Jeep or off-road group that offers various difficulty runs and learn about the mechanics and what others have for accessories. Take the top off, drop the front windshield (buy the windshield straps), and take off the doors. Even if you only do it once, it is an experience and capability not available on other vehicles.
Wow! I really appreciate your response it helps a lot. I think I will enjoy it for awhile before making mods thanks.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
All of these people are wrong. First thing is go to the bank and get a $10,000 line of credit because you can't eat just one. And if you stay on this forum you are going to see a million things you will want to do.
And if you are married you might need to get a divorce attorney lined up unless she is a VERY understanding wife.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
If you it didn't come with it, The LED Headlights are a must. I have the Kiwi Master headlights with Halo DTR. You can find them on amazon for about $240.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
as far as the pull slightly to the right. If it is very very slight, then it may be due to the roads surface angle. Most primary roads and highways will normally be crested in the center. This keeps water from pooling on the highways and allows water to drain to the sides. I believe its a 3 degree slope from the center to the road edge.
Sponsored