Finally caved

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
The wife was wanting an SUV that has more room and is more like a "car" than the Jeep. I offered to trade her for my 4 dr, but that didn't work. Checked Vroom and was offered 53k for mine, then went to Carmax and they offered 51k. Went over to the local Hyundai dealer and she fell in love with a new Tucson. They offered me 53k on "trade" against sticker on the Hyundai. Since the trade was more than the purchase, I didn't have to pay taxes on the sale. Long story short, I'm now driving her 2 door Willys (which I really like) and she's got her new SUV. I also have a check from the dealer for 13k! A few new parts going on the Jeep soon.
Sponsored

Fatboy97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Rubicon JL
The wife was wanting an SUV that has more room and is more like a "car" than the Jeep. I offered to trade her for my 4 dr, but that didn't work. Checked Vroom and was offered 53k for mine, then went to Carmax and they offered 51k. Went over to the local Hyundai dealer and she fell in love with a new Tucson. They offered me 53k on "trade" against sticker on the Hyundai. Since the trade was more than the purchase, I didn't have to pay taxes on the sale. Long story short, I'm now driving her 2 door Willys (which I really like) and she's got her new SUV. I also have a check from the dealer for 13k! A few new parts going on the Jeep soon.
Canā€™t beat that.

OP
OP
Ruby Clatterbox

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
Actually that 2022 Tucson is pretty loaded. It has that drive itself in and out of a parking space thing and a bunch of other things that keeps her glued to the manual to find out how to use it. I've always said buying a Harley or a Jeep gets you lawnmower technology, but seeing this thing and what it can do really makes the Jeep look archaic. That said, I love that little 2 door with the stick. Soooo much lighter than the diesel 4 door, makes it feel like a sports car.:like:

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, I donā€™t deny Jeeps are relics underneath, or that Hyundai makes decent vehicles.

But this shows that her focus/tastes were out of alignment with owning a Wrangler.

Thereā€™s good reason Jeep can only sell 200,000 Wranglers in a given year.

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
Actually that 2022 Tucson is pretty loaded. It has that drive itself in and out of a parking space thing and a bunch of other things that keeps her glued to the manual to find out how to use it. I've always said buying a Harley or a Jeep gets you lawnmower technology, but seeing this thing and what it can do really makes the Jeep look archaic. That said, I love that little 2 door with the stick. Soooo much lighter than the diesel 4 door, makes it feel like a sports car.:like:
Congrats on the new ride!
btw, you think Jeeps are ancient try driving a 4Runner. Thatā€™s the most outdated crap box of any modern vehicle Iā€™ve ever been in.

OP
OP
Ruby Clatterbox

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
Oh, I donā€™t deny Jeeps are relics underneath, or that Hyundai makes decent vehicles.

But this shows that her focus/tastes were out of alignment with owning a Wrangler.

Thereā€™s good reason Jeep can only sell 200,000 Wranglers in a given year.
She had a 13 two door stick since new, so she still likes them. We just didn't need two of them. She'll still be driving it quite a bit. BTW, I'm now in the red jeep family like you. :like: