Sponsored

Finally ordered a JL

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee, Hopefully soon JL
I finally ordered a JL Rubicon . Dealer says probably early - mid January it should be here. Gonna do a Rough Country 2.5 lift and 37" tires. I've had a 2000 XJ that needs to get sold. Need a jeep for longer trips. We plan on going to Southern California and Arizona in winter for a couple of weeks. Being from South Dakota we like to escape the cold. Plan on some Colorado and Mohab trips in summer. Looking for a good tire for trails and is good on the hyway. Reason for wanting a good hyway tire is we have some good wheeling in Black Hills which is 350 mlies away but most trips will be 1000-1600 miles.
Sponsored

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
I finally ordered a JL Rubicon . Dealer says probably early - mid January it should be here. Gonna do a Rough Country 2.5 lift and 37" tires. I've had a 2000 XJ that needs to get sold. Need a jeep for longer trips. We plan on going to Southern California and Arizona in winter for a couple of weeks. Being from South Dakota we like to escape the cold. Plan on some Colorado and Mohab trips in summer. Looking for a good tire for trails and is good on the hyway. Reason for wanting a good hyway tire is we have some good wheeling in Black Hills which is 350 mlies away but most trips will be 1000-1600 miles.
On the Wrangler I’ve only had the KO2s and I have only wheeled mine in Colorado to this point (trip to MO coming next month tho!). Used Trail Grapplers on a FJ = $hit in the crushed ice that is the remnants of the snow here in Denver (post plows and 1,001 people driving over it before you on the streets), had Duratracs on a Taco = good all rounder and lighter weight, had Wranger Kevlar on my most recent Taco = slipped a little on rocks off-road, but were prob hands down the best on the street crushed ice and all. IMO give the stock KO2s a shot. I have had two days worth of crushed road ice to test mine on as of today and they did pretty well, no need for shifting into 4 high and they have done well on the trails I’ve run here in CO so far.

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
If you're looking for a different option than the KO2s, you should look at the Cooper STT Pro and/or ST Maxx. They're pretty civil on road, comparable to a KO2, but a little better off. Everybody loves wheeling the STT Pro, but the ST Maxx may be better suited to your need (and certainly won't leave you stuck someplace).

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Trail Grapplers on a FJ = $hit in the crushed ice that is the remnants of the snow here in Denver
Wranger Kevlar prob hands down the best on the street crushed ice and all.
KO2s a shot. I have had two days worth of crushed road ice to test mine on as of today and they did pretty well
You know your crushed ice .

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
You know your crushed ice .
Hahahaha! I LOVE LOVE LOVE snow. As I live near the middle of the I-25 stretch of Colorado I get most of my snow time on snow that has been plowed, rocked, mag chlorid(ed), and driven over and over again by everyone and me = crushed, dirty, grayish, crunchy, ice lol! $hit is considerably different than driving on fresh snow.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Congrats on your new JLR order. Enjoy the forum while you wait for your new Jeep.
Sponsored