Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
@Quadjeeper definitely check into this!!
Sponsored

UniqueUserName

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Wrangler YJ, 2022 JLUR-XR
I put an inquiry in to my dealer where I have an order placed. I noticed the following while researching.

" Please note that according to FCA US policy, you must be an individual $100 member for at least 30 days to qualify for the FCA US Affiliate Rewards new vehicle discount and you must provide a copy of your membership letter to your dealer to use the discount. "​

Keep the 30-day timing in mind if you have one on order. The Tread Lightly site also says that it may take 2-3 weeks to receive the membership package.

Steel8083

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon
I put an inquiry in to my dealer where I have an order placed. I noticed the following while researching.
" Please note that according to FCA US policy, you must be an individual $100 member for at least 30 days to qualify for the FCA US Affiliate Rewards new vehicle discount and you must provide a copy of your membership letter to your dealer to use the discount. "​

Keep the 30-day timing in mind if you have one on order. The Tread Lightly site also says that it may take 2-3 weeks to receive the membership package.
Once You pay and sign up the 30 day "timer" starts. They also email a printable copy of the cover letter in case the original doesn't arrive in time. But Yes it is 30 days from sign up so if Your dealer will accept it sign up asap

JEEPmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 2dr
I'm just trying to wrap my head around how this would work with an existing order. What's the incentive for a dealer to agree to a lower price? FCA compensates them through the program? ...for 1% under invoice?

Sponsored

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
I'm just trying to wrap my head around how this would work with an existing order. What's the incentive for a dealer to agree to a lower price? FCA compensates them through the program? ...for 1% under invoice?
With an existing order, you really should already be better than 1% under invoice. What usually happens is you give the dealer your code info, they file it, fca compensates them for 1% and then they pass that on to you.

The confusion is in them listing it as 1% under invoice as a price for all, but the way it's actually applied, dealers are able to do 1% on top of whatever the deal already is.

euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landy 110, 2014, 1.8T Golf GTI 2001, Audi Q5 2013,
Not yet but I'm not 100% sure how this works. It's 1% under msrp and we got 4% under invoice so I don't think this will benefit us. For those getting stuck paying msrp it will. Maybe someone who's used this before will chime in and can clarify it.
no it won't - they dont have to accept the affilaite deal - only if they want to - this is what i got told month back - so i think anyone being hit up for an MRSP or MRSP + MVA etc will not get the affilaite discount - dealer will refuse (my 2019 Dealer who gave me 6% at time told me this when quoting me MRSP 6 weeks ago )

mul1gan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep JKUR
Spoke to Craig from Koons, they will honor the FCA rewards but he was only able to give me an additional .5% off. Trying to see if I cant get the full 1%

mul1gan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep JKUR
not sure, hoping I can get the full 1%

Sponsored

ras815

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe

failsafe306

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 2.0
Build Thread
Link
My dealer told me they would accept the affiliate discount. Linn Butler CDJR in MO.

crwdz7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU on order
I haven't set up a Tread Lightly account since the Affiliate Program was not being honored when I ordered. ETA is currently this week or next to the dealer. At this point, as I read it, I don't have enough time to get the Tread Lightly Affiliate discount?

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
I haven't set up a Tread Lightly account since the Affiliate Program was not being honored when I ordered. ETA is currently this week or next to the dealer. At this point, as I read it, I don't have enough time to get the Tread Lightly Affiliate discount?
Correct, you must be in the program for at least 30 days prior to picking up your Jeep. Maybe you can hold off picking up your Jeep till Febuary? lol

JIOWAJEEP

First Name
Iowa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler willys
No there's no downside to the dealer they would be reimbursed. From what they told me if the dealer isn't aware of it to have them call Affiliate and they'll fill them in.
I have my order with Granger , Please let me know how to get this 1% off ?
Sponsored