First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU owner
Occupation
Cloud Services Engineer
I'll get one this afternoon when my wife returns. Remember, it's I currently have a Cherokee, not a Wrangler, but I suspect it'll be the same sort of setup.
Looks very similar, maybe easier hookup on the wiring harness in the vehicle on the cherokee but ya, that "whip" from MH to Toad looks identical.
Sponsored

JJ_WA

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dakota, 2017 Cherokee, 2023 Willys XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Higher Education
Clubs

Looks very similar, maybe easier hookup on the wiring harness in the vehicle on the cherokee but ya, that "whip" from MH to Toad looks identical.
I updated my post with some pictures to help clarify the location of the power input on the toad.

JeeperChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU owner
Occupation
Cloud Services Engineer
Also, the ends of the power tether cable from the 7-pin on the motor home to the TOAD.
Ya this is slightly diff than I see in the pic from the part on the link you sent:
Jeep Wrangler JL Factory tow harness 1661360784613

To the right you can see the tether cord its some custom end to a 7 pin. I bet they swapped it with the 6 pin on the car ends (which is probably what I'd do too).

Here's the pick from the one I see on the wrangler:
Jeep Wrangler JL Factory tow harness 1661360851410

Looks like similar thing, probably just swap it out with a 6 pin would be more ideal

12psi

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
If it showed up on the Dealer end of things, I could let you guys know. For now at least, it's not an option i have to build with the Wranglers. I ave a feeling it should be the same as the Mopar Catalogue harness, but we'll have to see if there's more info released on it.

JJ_WA

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dakota, 2017 Cherokee, 2023 Willys XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Higher Education
Clubs

If it showed up on the Dealer end of things, I could let you guys know. For now at least, it's not an option i have to build with the Wranglers. I ave a feeling it should be the same as the Mopar Catalogue harness, but we'll have to see if there's more info released on it.
Sharing the info when you find out would be very useful, Kent. I will be adding the harness to my order if it's available. Saves me the time and hassle of installing it. I had the one on my Cherokee installed at a local dealer. Costly but it was very nicely done.

PS welcome back!

Sponsored

12psi

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Sharing the info when you find out would be very useful, Kent. I will be adding the harness to my order if it's available. Saves me the time and hassle of installing it. I had the one on my Cherokee installed at a local dealer. Costly but it was very nicely done.

PS welcome back!
I'll sound the alarm when I see it come in. It's a new item for Jeep, at least to order, so I may have to dig around for the right info.

It's great to be back!

OP
OP
Gaffer

Gaffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ / 2023 Sarah coming in the spring
What is shown on the front of the Cherokee is not from the factory.
Sponsored