Sponsored

Factory orders - build priority sequence

Powelligator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JL Rubicon
Clubs

As said above the assembly line can run different color and different option combo Jeeps in seemingly random order. All of the robots can sense the differences between 2-Door and 4-Door Jeeps and adjust automatically. The only time the line will stop for readjustment (for a common run of similar configurations) is when they have to do a run of right hand drive Jeeps, and even then they still run through in various colors and options.
Sponsored

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I'm reasonably certain after all the previous discussions, seeing people get builds in two weeks and others who ordered before them with an identical or nearly identical build going months, that they have a chicken out back that randomly picks the order of which ones get built.

Wulfgott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PUNK'N 2.0L Turbo JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Meat popsicle
I'm reasonably certain after all the previous discussions, seeing people get builds in two weeks and others who ordered before them with an identical or nearly identical build going months, that they have a chicken out back that randomly picks the order of which ones get built.
Rule #1 We don't talk about the chicken...
Rule #2 There is no chicken

FloridaSon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Altitude order 2/4/22 Gupton 3/31 home 4/16.
I just found from a leaked Stellantis internal only memo…
Jeep Wrangler JL Factory orders - build priority sequence 158A1A26-E3F4-4CCB-9C87-3EF1BE534E1C

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
I ordered my 2022 JLUR XR on December 14th and I took delivery on March 16th, two months sooner than expected, and many weeks faster than many other who've ordered. Not sure if it's true, but my dealer manager told me the Sky-One Touch option I included was the main reason mine came so quickly.

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
I noticed while in the Jeep waiting room that this was the case. Folks in Alaska waited about 3 months for their orders. I live in NYC and got both of my orders in a month. It makes sense if you think about it. FCA is not gonna send an expensive rail load that’s only 3/4 full. If you live in an area that doesn’t have many orders, you’re gonna have to wait until there’s enough to fill the train.
Good thought, but that's not how rail works especially when travelling to places like Alaska. A vehicle carrying rail car will have several different breeds of vehicles on it. They are loaded like that at a vehicle marshalling yard. The rail cars that you see coming from factories are destined for regional marshalling yards. Marshalling yards have both inbound and outbound rail traffic, as well as inbound and outbound truck traffic.
Rail service to Alaska is based on necessity. There is no direct rail link to Alaska so rail cars travel by barge, and there are only so many bottoms available.
So food, medicine, and medical supplies (necessities) travel before construction steel and lumber (economic items), which in turn travel before things like completed vehicles (luxury items). Spare parts will travel by either air or will be prioritized on rail after food and before economic items.
What is more likely to happen where new vehicles are concerned is they will be railed to either Seattle or Vancouver and unloaded. They will be reloaded onto a coastal freighter/ferry and then shipped to Alaskan ports. Again, there are only so many bottoms available so it takes time to get space.
In the lower 48 rail works on line space availability, which is dependent on a number of factors like season, weather, and terrain. For example a train from Seattle to Chicago in January is shorter than that same train in July. The reasons are mountains and snow. By the same token, a train from Phoenix to Chicago is long in March through December. Flat ground and mild weather are the reasons. The more cars you have on a train. the more freight you move, the faster goods get delivered (from a macro point of view).
Sponsored