i have mine on the windshield. up by the rear veiw mirror. no issues

rvb

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab
Where is everyone mounting their EZ Passes? Starting with my JK, I had the regular windshield EZ pass and it worked like every other time. Called EZ Pass and they sent me the license plate mount. I had that on for about 2 years and now that's working like 50% of the time. Called EZ pass and now they sent me another windshield pass. I haven't tried the Windshield EZ pass on my JL yet. I'm in NY. It's a real pain when the pass doesn't work. I have to always remember to call the EZ pass when I'm on the Thruway and it doesn't work. They actually charge you the highest toll if your pass doesn't work. The worst is getting on a bridge and it doesn't work. The gate stays closed, you become "that person" holding up traffic and you have to pay cash. Any suggestions before I stick this stupid thing on?
We live in NJ I just leave it on the dash works fine!

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
I wish we had a sticker. We have the old school plastic box. I've had EZ Pass since it came out and never had a problem until recently. I had it on my 94 YJ in the late 90s and never had a problem!
Interesting. Im going to check it out. Maybe the Sunpass website has something info on it. Im reluctant to move over to the "new" sticker version because...well I hate stickers on my vehicle and also I cant move it to another vehicle if I want.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
I live in NYC. I've put mine above my rear view mirror and have no problems. I did have a ton of issues with my JK and EZPass in contrast.
Same here. I did have one ā€œviolationā€ notice on one of the fast tolls (Henry Hudson Bridge?), not sure why it didnā€™t register, but I have mine mounted the same way and it seems to work fine other than the one incident.

Sponsored

RV4tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude
We have both EZpass and SunPass here and I was using SunPass for years with no problems but EZpass I was told the money stays in your area and you get rebates so I switched over.
They are awful, it misses all the time and I get hammered with toll by plate (some as high as 16.50 per toll)
I switched back to SunPass and have been fine since. I wonder if itā€™s the same company as it says itā€™s good up the coast in other states.

I wish they would just come out with a US wide one. I at one point had 5 different accounts in 6 states when I RVd
I just found out about E-Pass xtra. All toll roads in FL and GA and anywhere EZ-pass is accepted. Also no monthly service charges. https://www.cfxway.com/e-pass-xtra/

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
Behind review mirror Just below shaded section. Works fine.
Jeep Wrangler JL EZ Pass Issues 1619165266046

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy