peteinny

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Just wondering where the best location to hang an ez-pass would be. I had a jk years ago and had some issues with the location where it wouldn't always work. The new JL has active cruise with the box above the rear mirror so that is out. Does anyone place it on the lower center of the windshield ?
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Just wondering where the best location to hang an ez-pass would be. I had a jk years ago and had some issues with the location where it wouldn't always work. The new JL has active cruise with the box above the rear mirror so that is out. Does anyone place it on the lower center of the windshield ?
See here:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/ez-pass-issues.36688/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/e-zpassĀ®-transponder-plasti-dip-mount-with.19959/

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
In my escape, Ive always had it to the right of the rear view mirror so I donā€™t have to look at it.

plan on putting it in the same place when I get my Wrangler.

Almost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
You can pretty much put it any where, even the glove compartment or the center console. How do I know? Because when we were moving my fiance at the time had hers from her car in a box in the back and couldn't figure out why she had charges on her account (she had just totaled her car) and we were essentially paying double for tolls.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
In IL we have a license plate transponder as a option if a windshield location is not good. Check you State to see if it's a option for you.

Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve placed mine towards the bottom center of the windshield behind my cellphone mount. No issues there.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Anywhere on your windshield would work. I go through battery park and midtown daily. If your plate is linked to your ezpass account and the pass wasnā€™t readable for whatever reason itā€™ll be debited from that account anyways.

9EA6F82A-2C72-479B-90C0-1334F569E3A4.jpeg

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Get one of those suction cup mounts and stick it anywhere while your on a toll road, then take it down? Just a thought.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Anywhere on your windshield would work. I go through battery park and midtown daily. If your plate is linked to your ezpass account and the pass wasnā€™t readable for whatever reason itā€™ll be debited from that account anyways.

9EA6F82A-2C72-479B-90C0-1334F569E3A4.jpeg
What Grill Guard do you have ? Thanks

Sponsored

Flyslinger2

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara
I took the rubber liner out of the little dash area and installed a GoPro mount in the middle. I lay my EZPASS in the dash cubbie to the right of the GP mount. All of my reads have been perfect. I do not affix my EZPASS with velcro. I leave it loose and lock it up when it is not in use. I don't like the fact that thieves have direct access to my checking account via the unit. I also limit my account to $25.

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
I just use 3M dual-lock and put on the passenger side behind the mirror (2018 so no ACC) where I can't see it. We only use it to travel through CHI, so we swap out the cars. All of them have the 3M dual-lock strips on the windshield and we pull off the transponder and put it on the other car that we'll be using.

RJE2

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Hella Yella
I glued mine inside the front license plate bracket. Fits perfectly and no one knows its there.
Except you guys.