Sponsored

Extra Rubicon Parts

CMTAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLURX Anvil
Suspension question:

The Rubicon suspension I got came with Shocks (already had - these are extras), Springs and the following stuff.

Jeep Wrangler JL Extra Rubicon Parts 20211031_124640

If I'm correct all this stuff is the same as on the sport / willy's and therefore not needed (or trash). Shocks (always good to have extras), springs needed, Mopar LCAs (need to purchase before the springs go on, and the stuff above can be pitched....

Thank you
Sponsored

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Mostly yes. Lots of people will save it and use a back up in case of trail damage. I pitched mine.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
If I'm correct all this stuff is the same as on the sport / willy's and therefore not needed (or trash).
Pretty much. Everything on a Willys is the same as a Rubicon except the springs. I, too, paid for a bunch of stuff I didn't install, because it was identical to what I already had. It is what it is, I guess.

OP
OP
CMTAZ

CMTAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLURX Anvil
Thanks, It's not a money issue (the gout i got it from only wanted 25.00$ for the shock, springs and the rest of the stuff). The factory LCAs, tie rod ends, bumpstops etc will be pitched as I don't want to turn the garage in to a used parts warehouse.

OP
OP
CMTAZ

CMTAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLURX Anvil
Pretty much. Everything on a Willys is the same as a Rubicon except the springs. I, too, paid for a bunch of stuff I didn't install, because it was identical to what I already had. It is what it is, I guess.

I think you meant Everything on a Willy's is the same as a sport except the shocks (which are rubi shocks).

Sponsored

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I think you meant Everything on a Willy's is the same as a sport except the shocks (which are rubi shocks).
I was referring to the pile of parts depicted earlier in the thread. Track bars, bump stops, lower control arms, sway bar links, spring isolators. Those parts are common to all JLs, including the Rubicon. I'm pretty sure even the spring isolators are the same. The factory springs are set up to fit on those isolators, no matter which springs they are.

So I meant what I said. To put a "Rubicon takeoff lift" onto a Willys, you just need to change the springs. Replacing the front lower control arms with longer ones is highly advisable, but Rubicon and Sport factory control arms are identical, so you can't achieve this by using the Rubicon LCAs. I used the longer LCAs from the Mopar lift, as have many others.

(I'm still using those LCAs now that I have a proper lift on my Jeep. My steering response is great, and I see no need to switch to adjustable LCAs.)

OP
OP
CMTAZ

CMTAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLURX Anvil
(I'm still using those LCAs now that I have a proper lift on my Jeep. My steering response is great, and I see no need to switch to adjustable LCAs.)
ahh.. makes sense. I was trying to say the same thing. Will be purchasing the longer LCAs from the Mopar lift, when it's time to change the springs.

thanks
Sponsored