j.stotts

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Hello,
So I was gifted all these parts below that came off a new rubicon. I was researching on here/elsewhere before I was going to start this project on my wife’s Jeep. I however found some conflicting information. Is it true that everything in this photo is the same as on a sport s except the longer shocks and springs? I only ask as I’d prefer to only replace the items that are different and will help with lift she would get from the rubicon suspension. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

AE1EEAB5-5D7D-481B-A173-B58CDF2F64F4.jpeg
Sponsored

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Hello,
So I was gifted all these parts below that came off a new rubicon. I was researching on here/elsewhere before I was going to start this project on my wife’s Jeep. I however found some conflicting information. Is it true that everything in this photo is the same as on a sport s except the longer shocks and springs? I only ask as I’d prefer to only replace the items that are different and will help with lift she would get from the rubicon suspension. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Jeep Wrangler JL Question about Rubicon Parts AE1EEAB5-5D7D-481B-A173-B58CDF2F64F4
I believe the shocks and springs are location specific, though. There's a specific right and left one of each.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Are the sway bar links the same, or are they adjusted for the greater ride height? Sorry OP, trying to jog someone’s memory.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Are the sway bar links the same, or are they adjusted for the greater ride height? Sorry OP, trying to jog someone’s memory.
I think they're the same, but just hold them up to the stock ones, and if the new ones are longer swap em on.

Sponsored

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I think they're the same, but just hold them up to the stock ones, and if the new ones are longer swap em on.
I compared them all when I swapped it all out and everything is the same except the shocks/springs. I have a JLU Sport S and only needed those 2 parts. There was a guy who wanted to buy my Sport S suspension for $100, believe it or not. He took all those extra Rubicon parts as well that I didn't use. He does dirt track racing and said he can cut/weld anything he needs off of it all so it worked out for us both.

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2014 4Runner Limited
How much lift will a JLU Sport get by adding Rubicon springs and shocks? Considering going this route vs getting a lift kit.

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
How much lift will a JLU Sport get by adding Rubicon springs and shocks? Considering going this route vs getting a lift kit.
I fully got 1.5". The Takeoffs were from a Rubi with the tow package and steel bumper group so I think slightly stiffer than a base Rubi. Rides great and for the money it's a great deal for us.

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2014 4Runner Limited
I fully got 1.5". The Takeoffs were from a Rubi with the tow package and steel bumper group so I think slightly stiffer than a base Rubi. Rides great and for the money it's a great deal for us.
Thanks! So you used the LCA's from your sport with no issues? Will definitely consider if I can find them in good shape for the right price. I'll be watching the market forum.

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Thanks! So you used the LCA's from your sport with no issues? Will definitely consider if I can find them in good shape for the right price. I'll be watching the market forum.
I wouldn't pay over $200 anywhere. Check Facebook Marketplace around you as well. Some people give this stuff away...or should I say, pay it forward.
Sponsored