Sponsored

ExoShield - We're here to save your windshield!

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Not yet, just installed it last month. I like that it is DIY install, optically clear (didn't mess up my ACC), and the customer service was stellar. The manufacturer says to peel at 6 months, but several on this forum have gone 18 months between peels.
I would be interested, even in Florida where we have zero dollar glass deductible tied into the compressive coverage. Be nice to not have schedule glass replacement as much, more so on road trips would be sweet. Plus at $149, thatā€™s worth the cost for the for convenience of you ask me.
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
X 2 on RacingOptics! Stellar customer service and great product. Nothing against OP..I'm sure it's great but RacingOptics is easily applied and lasts for a long time! Proven technology that started with Race cars in 1999 and costs less$:handsinair:

ArcadeTracks

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Rubicon. 2dr Soft Top. 2.0L Turbo, Auto, Stock
The Team at ExoShield is beyond excited to be a part of this forum and community šŸŽ‰ We want to make sure anyone here that wants to be protected by ExoShield gets taken care of!
Has anyone found a great location to install these? (Aside from your own controlled garage.) I was trying to think of somewhere (car wash bay is the best I could come up with, and there's probably LOTS of dust flying around in there...) to install these if you don't have a garage, your garage has pets, etc. When I used to install those flexible phone screen films, my prep was like sanitizing the room for a delicate surgery! :LOL:

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone found a great location to install these? (Aside from your own controlled garage.) I was trying to think of somewhere (car wash bay is the best I could come up with, and there's probably LOTS of dust flying around in there...) to install these if you don't have a garage, your garage has pets, etc. When I used to install those flexible phone screen films, my prep was like sanitizing the room for a delicate surgery! :LOL:
If youā€™re referring to the exoshield product, itā€™s installer network only. DIY would be Racing Optics- cheaper (sometimes $99) but not cut to size and you will eventually peel layers off.

Sponsored

ArcadeTracks

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Rubicon. 2dr Soft Top. 2.0L Turbo, Auto, Stock

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase

Fudster

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
The Team at ExoShield is beyond excited to be a part of this forum and community šŸŽ‰ We want to make sure anyone here that wants to be protected by ExoShield gets taken care of!

So first of all, what is ExoShield? Think of it like a giant phone screen protector, but engineered to protect your windshield from damage caused by rocks and other small objects hitting the bare glass.

Film Pull - Resized.png

Our goal is to keep the broken windshield club as small as possible from here on out!

If youā€™ve been Jeeping for any amount of time you are no stranger to the inevitable stress of even the smallest hit to your windshield. Let ExoShield give you some peace of mind while you are on and off-road!

How does ExoShield work, and how do you get protected?

ExoShield is a completely transparent film that features our endurance class nanoceramic hardcoat to make it ultra durable for long lasting protection in any environment. When applied, ExoShield makes the glass 6X stronger against impacts and is so clear that it does not impact the ADAS sensors underneath newer windshields.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Interested in getting your windshield protected? We would be happy to get you in contact with the installer nearest you!
OR you can always visit www.getexoshield.com/windshield-protection-film-installers to see the installing locations in your area.

Jeep ExoShield ONE - Kodawari-7 Resized.jpeg
I checked the website but didn't see--although I could have missed it. Does the ExoShield Ultra product for Jeeps have any sort of warranty against windshield damage or breakage?

OP
OP
exoshield

exoshield

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Team ExoShield
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
OP
OP
exoshield

exoshield

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Team ExoShield
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I checked the website but didn't see--although I could have missed it. Does the ExoShield Ultra product for Jeeps have any sort of warranty against windshield damage or breakage?
If you purchase ULTRA as a DIY kit, it only comes with our limited warranty which covers manufacturer's defects, not windshield damage. If installed by a certified installer, there is the option to purchase a glass protection warranty which does cover damage.

Sponsored

OP
OP
exoshield

exoshield

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Team ExoShield
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Oh nice! My mistake. Iā€™m bad enough with phone screens so if the kit is available Iā€™d just take it to a tint shop.
Our installers have access to ExoShield ULTRA film as well (it's thicker than our standard product for curved windshields) so you can just ask them specifically for ExoShield ULTRA and they should be able to quote you for the film + labour :).

Javwohl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 vw gti, 2001 dodge ram, 2023 jlr punk'n
Occupation
engineer
@exoshield Iā€™m looking to get my windshield replaced and found an installer that is also authorized Exoshield dealer. When contacting to find out about price for the Exoshield with install I was quoted close to 500 and they said it was because you charge them 200 for the 2 year warranty. Iā€™m just trying to find out if this is true or where they just trying to get more money out of me.
Thank you

OP
OP
exoshield

exoshield

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Team ExoShield
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
@exoshield Iā€™m looking to get my windshield replaced and found an installer that is also authorized Exoshield dealer. When contacting to find out about price for the Exoshield with install I was quoted close to 500 and they said it was because you charge them 200 for the 2 year warranty. Iā€™m just trying to find out if this is true or where they just trying to get more money out of me.
Thank you
Thanks for reaching out to us!! There is no additional fee for our standard 2-year warranty which covers any manufacturing defects with the product. It's possible that they're quoting you including an add-on Glass Protection Warranty that we offer through our installers, which covers the cost of repair or replacement in the event that there's damage while ExoShield is installed. We're sending you a DM to get to the bottom of this!!

Javwohl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 vw gti, 2001 dodge ram, 2023 jlr punk'n
Occupation
engineer
Thanks for reaching out to us!! There is no additional fee for our standard 2-year warranty which covers any manufacturing defects with the product. It's possible that they're quoting you including an add-on Glass Protection Warranty that we offer through our installers, which covers the cost of repair or replacement in the event that there's damage while ExoShield is installed. We're sending you a DM to get to the bottom of this!!
Thank you for your reply will continue in dm.

RicRecon

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0
Where would I find Exoshield in Sacramento area?
Sponsored