Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Jeep JL ExoShield Windshield Protection

Jeep Wrangler JL Protect your windshield against road hazards with Exoshield 421268891_1098729087983985_5377836360048958838_n

@Underground Graphics owner, Greg Testimonial:

Think of it as a screen saver for your windshield. When I bought my Gladiator back in 2019 I immediately had it installed by one of my shop's partners. Back then it was $500 installed, hand cut, hand shrunk and hand trimmed. The first week on a drive to Dallas from Houston, I heard a pop. It was the first save. A small indention in the film, but no crack or chip in the glass! I ran this film for a year and unfortunately had a defect which was covered by warranty and replaced. The second film has been on since. Still the OEM, original glass. There are all kinds of small chips and some scratches (my fault for using a gas station window cleaner), but again, original glass. I could change it, but being my dedicated wheeling Jeep now it's just fine. Since then, I installed ExoShield on our shop 392 a year ago, it has 12k miles and no chips or cracks. And our Bronco has it (just got a new one, so new film). My point is, I personally have had great success with ExoShield. So much that UG decided to become an official installer and reseller once they made thier kits DIY. The ULTRA film is thicker, pre-cut and ready to install. Even comes with all the tools needed. Is is guaranteed? No. We have seen only two incidents of the film not capable of stopping a crack. But, 2 incidents out of 4 years is a good record. ExoShield offers additional windshiled insurance at additional costs to cover glass breakage, but must be purchased though official installer at time of install.

It may be best to watch these two videos:
Detailed Installation

Does ExoShield Film Really Work?

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! It's a great product, just trying to help our Jeep community as these windshields are expensive as you know!

Luis :jk:

E-mail: [email protected]
Phone #: 713.783.4739
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jeepless

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR XR
I would love this but I got quotes of $750-1000 installed. No warranty on scratches that can and “will” be created from windshield wipers in dirtier (off-road) climates. Does that pricing sound right?

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I would love this but I got quotes of $750-1000 installed. No warranty on scratches that can and “will” be created from windshield wipers in dirtier (off-road) climates. Does that pricing sound right?
I paid just around $200 for the DIY kit and decided to end up having it professionally installed. That was $150. It’s taken two large impacts and it doesn’t look like it made it through to the glass(haven’t removed the original film yet). Worth every penny.

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Love my ExoShield. My glass took a rock last weekend. it sounded like a hard smack. No problem for ExoShield. My windshield is well protected.
I haven’t seen any scratches so far. Although I don’t use the wipers on a dry windshield.

ExoShield is an awesome product.

Sponsored

Alex07

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
When you know how to install it yourself, this trick will work. Seen a fair few regretting having a go at sticking these films on their own.

OP
OP
Luis@UG

Luis@UG

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Conversation sent.

RoadNomad

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Way to much money for this! Also consider No Warranty against scratches! Nope! not for me.

Its nearly impossible to go off on a trail and not get dusted out where you need to hit the wipers with with washers. And if you go in the mud, well there you go, guaranteed scratches!

Plus this product really should to be applied to a new or windshield that is in pristine or new condition or it's going to accentuate every defect you have.

I have a few pecks now and will wait until I get a crack then add the difference for Gorilla glass and I will still be a bunch of bucks ahead and have a much better product.

Think of it this way for $1000.00 you can have 4 new standard glass windshields installed!

Sponsored

rdfact

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURXR, '01 WJ
Will the ExoShield film yellow over time from sun exposure?

RoadNomad

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I don't doubt it helps a little with windshield pings but that's about it, and as I said its totally TOO EXPENSIVE!

And with a scratch exclusion warranty who in their right mind would do this over Gorilla Glass??

tomk62

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Sahara Anvil, 2019 Cherokee
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

So ... to really appreciate that test, it would be nice to see what happens to the glass with that same impact w/o the exoshield.

If a rock is coming at me at 25 mph (?) and I'm driving at 70 mph, that's a 105 mph impact. How does it perform at a 105 mph impact with the resulting significantly more force? (knowing that the force = mass x velocity squared).

With the damage to the exoshield shown in the test, the owner would either have to live with the blemishes on the shield or get a full shield replacement at full cost?
Sponsored