Everything is on back order

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
It seems like everything I go to get for this JL is either on back order or pre order. Both soft tops are like that. Hoist for the JL hardtop. I ordered a bug shield for it and look at status and it's on back order now. Some of these places list it and don't say it's on back order, and just sits on your money.
Sponsored

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Some of these places list it and don't say it's on back order, and just sits on your money.
One thing I absolutely hate about this industry. They want to take your money the moment you place the order, however you might have to wait a week, a month or three months to get what you ordered. A stark contrast to EVERY other industry out there that will not charge you until the item actually ships.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
One thing I absolutely hate about this industry. They want to take your money the moment you place the order, however you might have to wait a week, a month or three months to get what you ordered. A stark contrast to EVERY other industry out there that will not charge you until the item actually ships.
I ordered my NFab steps in March and wasn’t charged until they shipped last Friday. Most aftermarket places didn’t get their Jeeps much before any of us except Mopar and they dropped the ball big time. Sometimes you have to pay to wait list for items on new models, it isn’t any different than any other model of vehicle that requires completely new aftermarket accessories especially when they don’t carry over from a previous model.

OP
OP
Bubba33

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
I ordered my NFab steps in March and wasn’t charged until they shipped last Friday. Most aftermarket places didn’t get their Jeeps much before any of us except Mopar and they dropped the ball big time. Sometimes you have to pay to wait list for items on new models, it isn’t any different than any other model of vehicle that requires completely new aftermarket accessories especially when they don’t carry over from a previous model.
Well there is 2 out of 3 companys on here, that charge you now and one that doesn't charge untill item is shipped. Don't list it and not say it' not avaiable right now or on back otder.i don't remember having the same problems when I got my new model ram.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
This isn't something that's new or isolated to JL parts, I dealt with this a lot when ordering parts for past JK's or even my wife's Ram.

Sponsored

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I also ordered them mid March but from extreme terrain...nothing yet but they took my money in the blink of an eye

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I ordered from morris4x4 and they ran the card initially, but since the item is backordered never finished the charge so it was pending and then dropped off. I almost wish they had taken the money since I know it will come out when the item ships.

Kahdir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
With exception of a handful of companies (mainly suspension and soft top) most after market manufacturers don't have access to measuring sessions with FCA prior to launch.
Bestop (OE/Tier 1 Div) makes the factory tops and won't announce their aftermarket line up until later this month.
Some of the smaller aftermarket companies (as stated above) didn't start designing parts until they got their JLs (around the same time as most customers). Shops that manufacture in the US will have parts sooner than those that out source.

No distributor (that I'm aware of) charges prior to shipment unless you request it or it is a made-to-order/custom item like Wet Okole seat covers. There should only be a pending hold to guarantee funds are available... and that should expire within 72 hours (or less) depending on the card issuer.

For now, expect soft tops (non Mopar & non-mesh) mid to late Summer (few exceptions), Interior items aside for floor mats and carry over (grab handles) closer to September/October. Wheels & tires are available, lug nuts and spacers might be scarce for a bit. Suspensions should be available or shipping shortly. Non JL specific lighting is available (JL specific possibly in September~November). Some bumpers are available, some are carryover from JK... AEV & ARB level ones might take some time (early 2019), Steps/sliders/rockers and skid plates coming soon or available. Exhaust and intakes probably June/July ...roughly
Sponsored