Sponsored

When the order is back order, how can we expedite it?

guanxi6668

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hi everyone

My engine was broken and I ordered a new one at the dealership, it was a 3.6 engine.

But the engine is back order, I would like to ask everyone, is there any way to expedite it? Because it is summer vacation, there are many outdoor activities to use jeep. Thanks.
Sponsored

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Um, if it’s your nickel I’d buy an engine from either a vehicle engine swap (like a Hemi conversion where the original engine was pulled) or from a low mileage wreck. If it’s Jeep that’s footing the bill, you’re screwed-it’s their nickel and you are stuck with their response.

OP
OP

guanxi6668

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Um, if it’s your nickel I’d buy an engine from either a vehicle engine swap (like a Hemi conversion where the original engine was pulled) or from a low mileage wreck. If it’s Jeep that’s footing the bill, you’re screwed-it’s their nickel and you are stuck with their response.
Jeep pays the bill, so we can't do it quickly?

Deleted member 59498

No there is no way, you can contact Jeep Cares and see if they can help but if there are no engines built and available then not much to be done but wait unfortunately. Good luck

OP
OP

guanxi6668

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
No there is no way, you can contact Jeep Cares and see if they can help but if there are no engines built and available then not much to be done but wait unfortunately. Good luck
Scary there is no ETA. .

Sponsored

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I feel your pain. I’d try Jeep cares and plead my case, but I wouldn’t plan any Jeep trips in the near future. Sorry friend but you’re at their mercy.

OP
OP

guanxi6668

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I feel your pain. I’d try Jeep cares and plead my case, but I wouldn’t plan any Jeep trips in the near future. Sorry friend but you’re at their mercy.
thankyou my friend

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You “might” be able to trade your Jeep in on a new one without taking a huge bath IF you’ve got a decent dealer. It will cost you $$$, but depending on your situation, finances, etc. it might provide a better solution. What a pain! I feel for you..

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Jeep pays the bill, so we can't do it quickly?
no, and I’d expect it to take twice as long as whatever they tell you

technically you can likely source one if another dealer has one in stock, but then it (often times) becomes customer pay.

Sponsored

jberry187

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon (JLURD), 1997 Wrangler Sahara
What are you driving in the meaintime? Seems like they should cover a Wrangler rental, aye?

OP
OP

guanxi6668

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
What are you driving in the meaintime? Seems like they should cover a Wrangler rental, aye?
The dealer said that before the approval of jeep, the vehicle cannot be provided for free, but now it can be provided but it will be charged.
I had an accident on May 30th, so I am still waiting for the jeep inspection results.

jberry187

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dealer said that before the approval of jeep, the vehicle cannot be provided for free, but now it can be provided but it will be charged.
I had an accident on May 30th, so I am still waiting for the jeep inspection results.
Bummed to hear that. We went through the same thing and had to pay about 5k in rental costs which were eventually reimbursed by the other driver’s insurance company.
Good luck!

OP
OP

guanxi6668

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Bummed to hear that. We went through the same thing and had to pay about 5k in rental costs which were eventually reimbursed by the other driver’s insurance company.
Good luck!
Are you having engine trouble too?

jberry187

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you having engine trouble too?
I was speaking to the car rental fiasco. This was a different make and model, so...
My diesel is strong like bull (for now).
Sponsored