Sponsored

Engine/Transmission Options

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
If I remember right my ‘95 Jetta had reverse up and to the left. I think there was a push down towards the ground as well. That was their lockout. I never had an issue with it and it was my first stick.

Pete
Sponsored

TexasAG90

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
VP of Sales
The reverse lockout feature on the shifter will help keep you from inadvertently shifting into reverse.
Could that lead to issues with shifting into reverse in general? I seem to get "locked out" from reverse a lot of the times and have to place it back in first, roll it forward, and then I can shift into reverse. Its a real pain in the ass. This is my fourth stick so there's not an issue of incompetence haha.

sjl136

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Willys 2dr, ‘90 YJ, '22 4Runner
Could that lead to issues with shifting into reverse in general? I seem to get "locked out" from reverse a lot of the times and have to place it back in first, roll it forward, and then I can shift into reverse. Its a real pain in the ass. This is my fourth stick so there's not an issue of incompetence haha.
That is an issue I have not yet run into. I’ve only got 2,300 miles on my JL, but no issues getting into R as of yet.
Sponsored