Sponsored

Engine stopped - ESS was turned off.

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
This has happened twice. Both times as I was pulling into my garage. It's a tight fit so usually my wife will jump out and guide me in. Both times, I had been on brakes and stopped multiple times but at a certain point, as I'm inching forward the last couple of feet, the engine stopped. ESS had been turned off both times. Regardless it did not start back up when I removed foot from brake. I had to place in Park and re-start the jeep. It's odd it's happened at almost the same exact spot twice. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this.
Sponsored

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
Definitely something to do with the door opening. Some safety feature kicking in I think.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
This has happened twice. Both times as I was pulling into my garage. It's a tight fit so usually my wife will jump out and guide me in. Both times, I had been on brakes and stopped multiple times but at a certain point, as I'm inching forward the last couple of feet, the engine stopped. ESS had been turned off both times. Regardless it did not start back up when I removed foot from brake. I had to place in Park and re-start the jeep. It's odd it's happened at almost the same exact spot twice. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this.
Edit: Disregard, you already said ESS was off.

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Your Auto Park is kicking in. it is an annoying feature to have but is basically a legal requirement for all new vehicles per Law.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Just to confirm, same thing happens in my SRT and my M5. Once you open that door it screws everything up. Prior to opening the door, if I inch my way and take too much time getting into a parking spot, the engine will stop, but start right up again. Super annoying and I generally turn off the autostart if I think it is going to happen. Once you open the door, you have to go back into park, whether it is you are a passenger that opens their door.

Sponsored