Sponsored

Ended Discussion. Request Thread Delete.

• Thread starter Deleted member 88573
  • Start date
  • Watchers 17

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Jeep doesn’t need to spend $ on Wrangler advertisement because Ford is sending customer orders to Jeep for free. Jeep should stop raising prices each year for us loyalist.
Each year? 🤣 — if only 🤨
Sponsored

Jeepmojave85

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I pre-ordered a Bronco in July 2020 and again in October 2020. Wanted 2. Now I own a gladiator and my wife ordered a Wrangler 2 months ago. I waited about a year and a half, she waited almost 2.

One of the most embarrassing rollouts I’ve ever seen.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Once people learn the difference between independent suspension and solid axle suspension the choice becomes crystal clear which one is superior off road. The Bronco is a historic nameplate on an IFS SUV, run-of-the-mill dime a dozen nothing special Suv chassis.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
There is zero denying Ford screwed up the Bronco launch in historical fashion, total F'N train wreck! Had Jeep sent in a team of industrial spy's, they could not have sabotaged Bronco's rollout more effectively!

However I did recently get a chance to drive a new Bronco for the second time (first was last year and very unimpressed) and have to admit, this one was a nice ride! It was a pretty loaded WildTrak 2-door with 35's, 2.7, 4.70's, 10 speed auto, B&O, 360 camera system...
If this Bronco 2-door WildTrak were actually available now, I might just have to pick it over Jeep's current 2-door offerings. Jeep had better up their game on 2-door's (our 4-door friends have the 392 option) before Ford pulls its collective head out of it ass and gets their production on track!

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
Reactions: J0E

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
If Jeep would up the HP to 350-375 and TQ to 400-425 on its non-V8/non-diesel engines, there would be zero reason to even look at a Bronco.

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
The Bronco is a historic nameplate on an IFS SUV, run-of-the-mill dime a dozen nothing special Suv chassis.
The 1% who figure that out have no market influence. I stopped asking lifted non-Ruby jeep owners if they wheel ( 98% no). Now I only ask Rubicon owners if they wheel, 95% no.

I agree that perceived marketing competition is good, without the Bronco they'd be no 35 Jeeps from the factory.

The Bronco is a historic nameplate on an IFS SUV, run-of-the-mill dime a dozen nothing special Suv chassis.
As much as I enjoy FORD bashing, the Bronco Raptor is far from nothing special. If the bureaucrats had their way and banned Rubicons, banned all vehicle modifications, I much rather have a Raptor than a JLS. Air down will be banned too, but I'll figure out a way around that.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Each year since the Bronco reservation system has been used.
But at how many per year? My April of 21 build now $11,090 higher, with the first increase before August delivery, another with the 22’s , (if not before) add increasing interest rates and I can’t see how people can continue to afford it. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Sponsored

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR
Ford screwed the pooch not releasing bronco before covid. Failure of engineering really, lots of issues with test vehicle structures. It was supposed to be out 2015.

As much as a JL and new Bronco are supposed to compete, I don't think they do. The Bronco is specifically designed to take on the Discovery Land Rover, with a price to match. The JL, still a league of it's own.

FJ? I tested one before buying my first JK, found it very nice, very intriguing, but could not get past the horrible visibility out the sides, back 1/4s, and over the hood. Now my cousin just passed 250,000 miles on his, bought same time as my first JK, and I'm on my third JK/L

Multiple neighbors down my street, new broncs and mini broncs, all like them, all recall issues, all like the JL diesel 9 month delay. I just wish they could have fixed the hardtop and factorysoftop so they don't look cheap and unfit.

To each their own.

BTW, I have a 73 EB in my garage, restomod, to valuable to drive. It is horrible compared to a JK/L

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If Jeep would up the HP to 350-375 and TQ to 400-425 on its non-V8/non-diesel engines, there would be zero reason to even look at a Bronco.
Which leaves us to wonder why that very engine appears to be a low priority behind GW, GC, next gen Charger/Challenger for Wrangler. They obviously know this as evidenced by the 392 announcement timing. Fitment, think they will sell anyway until then, want the V6 plants upgrade paid for, or just won’t announce it until necessary to not hamper current sales?

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
So we were recently considering trading our Sahara in recently and grabbing a 2 door Bronco outer banks lux package but ran into roadblocks

Nothing on the lot that comes close to what we want
Dealers not wanting to exchange inventory
Order Banks not open due to supply constraints
Orders are taking 6 months to a year when they are

That said, I also notice that Ford really is taking a nickle and dime approach to their builds

Bronco ONLY comes with a hard top, when asking the dealer if it could be deleted the answer was no. To add a twill soft top to the package it is an additional $2480 and right on the info it states that it is a bestop.

If you go to the Bestop site that same top is $1899 in twill

Ford is marking them up $581

So why bother ordering it through Ford?

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
Custom order a Bronco, or crap in your hand? Crapping in your hand would at least net you something tangible.

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
We have had FJ40, FJ60, and FJCruiser. The cruiser was a mistake. FJ60 was a good family vehicle for car camping. The FJ40 was comparable to our TJ and JK. I would love to find an FJ45 to refurbish and look at every FJ40 I see longingly. The FJ40 was more comfortable than the CJ's my friends had and would go any where if you had the time.

Still between the landrover, landcruisers, Ford 4x4 pickups, and Jeeps we have owned the Jeep Wranglers and Grand Cherokees have been the best suited for our family's use and needs—
Sponsored