elocker on Sport S

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
FYI, The M220 ARB should be on shelves by end of the year. The prototype is getting test fitted Monday. :)

arb 1.jpg
Awesome! Thanks for the update! Is that in your hands? I’d love a prototype to test ;)
Sponsored

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Gears have been swapped and air locker installed. Shop said it was a routine install now I just need to get passed the break in period and get it out on the highway and on some rocks to really see the difference!
any feedback? how's things thus far, any issues? have you been off-road?

butcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
OP or anyone else, can you explain what all this thread is talking about? I’m familiar with regearing but I don’t know what a locker or elocker is.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
OP or anyone else, can you explain what all this thread is talking about? I’m familiar with regearing but I don’t know what a locker or elocker is.
The locker is inside the differential with the ring gear etc.

short and simple video. Essentially the locker gives you more traction by sending equal power to both wheels simultaneously.

Another cool video that shows a locker in action

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Gears have been swapped and air locker installed. Shop said it was a routine install now I just need to get passed the break in period and get it out on the highway and on some rocks to really see the difference!
What size tires are you running with the 4.56 gears and how's your gas mileage? How do you like ARB lockers?

Sponsored

Scooter269

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR & 2019 Wrangler JLU sport S
So I have decided to regear my JLU Sport from the factory 3.45 to 4.56. I'm figuring since that's all being opened up, I might as well hook it up with some lockers. I have seen air lockers but I am wanting elockers. Has anyone done this yet or able to point me in the right direction? Again this is for a Sport S with M186 front and M200 rear axles

Thanks
Has anyone put lockers on the stock 3.45 gearing. I know it’s smart upgrade the gears while it’s open, avoids opening up the diff twice. Just curious is anyone’s put any type of locker of the stock sport S gears as is?!?

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Has anyone put lockers on the stock 3.45 gearing. I know it’s smart upgrade the gears while it’s open, avoids opening up the diff twice. Just curious is anyone’s put any type of locker of the stock sport S gears as is?!?
Honestly for what you pay to BUY and install Lockers its far more cost effective to just by the plethora of Rubicon takeoffs that are starting to come out on the used market. You can get both FRONT and Rear rubicon take offs with Lockers and Gears. Far easier to just remove the old axle and put new.

I'm seeing plenty of front and rear Rubicon axles under 4k. Some as low as 3.

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I'm seeing plenty of front and rear Rubicon axles under 4k. Some as low as 3.
I'm not finding them at all. There have been a couple sets available here on the forum, but but mostly on the West coast. Best I have found has been about $4,500 not including shipping.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
I'm not finding them at all. There have been a couple sets available here on the forum, but but mostly on the West coast. Best I have found has been about $4,500 not including shipping.
Look on Facebook group : JL & JT classifieds. There was some just sold on Ohio for 3800.

Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
5AA18F03-1ADB-4891-8CB7-37DD5FDFDEC0.png

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Look on Facebook group : JL & JT classifieds. There was some just sold on Ohio for 3800.
A set that sold last month doesn't exactly constitute as a "plethora of Rubicon takeoffs" ;)

mortsco

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara
On the topic of using an E-locker in the Sport / Sahara narrow Dana 44...

This shows the rubicon M210 E-locker and its electrical connector pretty clearly:

Then this is a video of the M210 dana 44 from a JT:

Assuming the M210 and M220 differential housings are basically the same, seems like modifying the narrow M220 for the rubicon e-locker would mostly be a matter of machining the housing for the electrical connector? I'm not seeing anything else thats different.

You'd of course also have to find a complete rubicon e-locker, I still havent been able to find any for sale.

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Any more feedback from those who have done the e or air lockers and gears?
Sponsored