elocker on Sport S

EasyDoesItNM

First Name
Misty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
So I have decided to regear my JLU Sport from the factory 3.45 to 4.56. I'm figuring since that's all being opened up, I might as well hook it up with some lockers. I have seen air lockers but I am wanting elockers. Has anyone done this yet or able to point me in the right direction? Again this is for a Sport S with M186 front and M200 rear axles

Thanks
Sponsored

JJexp

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor, 68 Y body coupe.
Occupation
G650 driver
There’s a good chance you’re going to be one of the first. If you go this route please keep us updated because I’ve been having these same thoughts. Good luck!

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
I have been doing research into if the Rubicon lockers will work in the sports with the optional dana 44 M220. Since ALL are 32 spline. Should work if the shafts are equal length.

However, since you have the 200mm you will probably have to pass on an E-locker if you want it anytime soon. I have heard that ARB will have the 186mm and 200mm air locker available by the end of this month. Which sucks for those of us with the m220!

I have been waiting to re-gear until a locker is available...not looking like anytime soon.

YFZ909

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
I'm in the same boar for lockers on a sport s

OP
OP
EasyDoesItNM

EasyDoesItNM

First Name
Misty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took the dive and got the ARB RD100 air locker for the front for now, rear will have to come later. Locker and compressor have already arrived and now I am waiting for the gear overhaul kits and tazer programmer to arrive by Sunday. Sooooo, hopefully she'll be upgraded before next weekend!

IMG_4108.jpeg

Sponsored

MacBigButt

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Leaf, 2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I took the dive and got the ARB RD100 air locker for the front for now, rear will have to come later. Locker and compressor have already arrived and now I am waiting for the gear overhaul kits and tazer programmer to arrive by Sunday. Sooooo, hopefully she'll be upgraded before next weekend!

IMG_4108.jpeg
Very interested in how this turns out. It is on the list for this winter for my Sahara.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon

IMG_4108.jpeg
Awesome! I mounted the compressor under the passenger seat.

Actually just talked to ARB yesterday and they told me they WILL have a 32 spline for people with sports and the m220. So that’s great to hear.

FFF8CA6B-AB41-48D3-A6C9-790D4EBF2DDF.jpeg

ryandamartini

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S

IMG_4108.jpeg
Can you please link the JL compatible parts? Thank you!

OP
OP
EasyDoesItNM

EasyDoesItNM

First Name
Misty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

ryandamartini

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I have the compressor I bought for my 4Runner before I bought the JL. I will be waiting for the rear locker to come out and do a package deal I think. Thank you for the links. I appreciate you taking the time to post this.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EasyDoesItNM

EasyDoesItNM

First Name
Misty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gears have been swapped and air locker installed. Shop said it was a routine install now I just need to get passed the break in period and get it out on the highway and on some rocks to really see the difference!

ryandamartini

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Stupid question. I’m new to the air locker world. But I have This VIAIR constant duty kit and wonder if it work with an air locker so I don’t have to buy the whole locker kit with compressor.

https://amzn.to/2Pk0z5F

ACRO

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU