Electrical, radio issues

TomPro

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
2018 Wrangler jL 2.0 What’s the deal with these electrical issues?? Sometimes the radio powers on, connects to my phone but the display is blank. Only happens occasionally. Now, new issue I get in and try to start it and it says key fob not detected. Try it again and it says to push the start button with the fob to start. Anyone else have these issues? What’s the deal?
Sponsored

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
2018 Wrangler jL 2.0 What’s the deal with these electrical issues?? Sometimes the radio powers on, connects to my phone but the display is blank. Only happens occasionally. Now, new issue I get in and try to start it and it says key fob not detected. Try it again and it says to push the start button with the fob to start. Anyone else have these issues? What’s the deal?
Not sure on the first one but I'd check your aux and main batteries to make sure they're good, if you haven't changed them out yet 3 years seems to be around the average lifespan of them. For the FOB sounds like a battery issue as well, that's easy enough to change out.

OP
OP
TomPro

TomPro

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Not sure on the first one but I'd check your aux and main batteries to make sure they're good, if you haven't changed them out yet 3 years seems to be around the average lifespan of them. For the FOB sounds like a battery issue as well, that's easy enough to change out.
Sounds like what I’m hearing. I just had to put a new battery in her a couple weeks ago. Still having issues with the radio. I’ll change and battery in the fob and try it
Thanks

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Sounds like what I’m hearing. I just had to put a new battery in her a couple weeks ago. Still having issues with the radio. I’ll change and battery in the fob and try it
Thanks

Did you replace both batteries?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
My default M.O. when any electrical/electronic issue first rears its head is to confirm the age of the batter(ies) in the vehicle and the key fob. Replacing one, or both, has in the past resolved at least some of the issues.

There will always be examples of electrical problems that are indeed problems that require investigation and fixing. Battery health is an easy first approach to eliminate that variable.

wrightpsu

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL
I am having the same issue. Did you every resolve the problem?
Sponsored