Ecodiesel vibration

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
The diesel under “high load” at 1500 rpm definitely has a vibration and low oil pressure .
Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
stop at a dealer and have them check it out..if its getting worse you may not like the end results if you let it continue.

no offense but you don't have it in 4wh and not realize it?
I agree, I'm not trying to scare you, but it could turn into a safety issue if something locks up while your driving. Good luck.

BTW, if you do stop at a dealer give them the "weary traveler" line. It worked for me in Albuquerque when I had troubles. :)

OP
OP
WranglerUnlimited2018

WranglerUnlimited2018

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jlur
So made it home last night with the jeep and today drove my wife's diesel Jeep since we have 2 Diesels and her Jeep has a vibration but it is 90% less than the vibration in my Jeep. So apparently there is a under load vibration in these Jeeps but the one in my Jeep is beyond noticeable.

OP
OP
WranglerUnlimited2018

WranglerUnlimited2018

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jlur
Set up an appt last week for Tuesday, so been looking over the jeep and listening and feeling for new sounds and vibrations. The jeep now has a squeek when putting into drive or reverse from the tranny. It also jolted the entire vehicle again a couple of days ago, and has fluid marks coming from between the engine and tranny. It's looking like the tranny is what's causing the vibrations. It sucks taking a brand new vehicle to the dealer, 99.9% of the time you get the we can't replicate it and do t find anything wrong or the thats normal. The Jeep has 7,000 ro 8,000 miles on it and this didn't start until 5,000 miles. Well we will see what happens later this week.

azbobver

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Permanent Vacation
My 2021 has 3400 miles. Recently it has a slight vibration at idle that clears once the engine warms to normal operating temperature.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WranglerUnlimited2018

WranglerUnlimited2018

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jlur
Mine doesn't vibrate unless accelerating and it happens at any temp or speed.

OP
OP
WranglerUnlimited2018

WranglerUnlimited2018

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jlur
Update, My Jeep has been at the dealer for a couple weeks now and they are pulling it apart and testing a "List" of items to check that Chrysler gave them. I called today and they have been going through the list one by one and still can't figure the issue out. They said they will continue trying to figure it out but they don't know how long it will take. Truthfully I'm sure it's the drivetrain from my automotive experience and that's what it's coming down to at the end of the list of things to check. So we will see what happens in the end. I hope they figure it out soon, nothing like having your new Jeep sitting at the dealer for weeks and weeks not having my vehicle to drive.

OP
OP
WranglerUnlimited2018

WranglerUnlimited2018

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jlur
Another update, the Dealer has gone through the check list and has still yet to find what the vibration issue is. I went up there today and talked to the mechanic and his boss. The only thing they suggest is to drive it the way it is until Chrysler gets more information on this specific situation. I love the power torque and gas mileage but if I have to deal with a vibration on a brand new ecodiesel I might just sell it and move on.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
I love the power torque and gas mileage but if I have to deal with a vibration on a brand new ecodiesel I might just sell it and move on.
You'll get a good price selling it right now.

OP
OP
WranglerUnlimited2018

WranglerUnlimited2018

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jlur
Yea absolutely. I just have to figure what to get after I get rid of it. It was my daily and my other ride is a 2015 Ram 2500 Diesel gas guzzler.
Sponsored