Easy Care Service Contracts

mschlott

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2019 JLUR
I just picked up a new 2019 JLUR and the finance guy talked me into including an Easy Care Silver Service contract. The price was right for the coverage but I don't know anything about the company. I made sure I have 30 days to get my money back so I can get out if I need to.

The contract is strict but doable and covers most parts you would care about. It's a 10 year 120K mile contract with a $250 deductible and I paid $1667 for it. They have a good BBB rating but lot's of complaints like you normally hear about service contract companies avoiding paying out claims.

Have any of you had any experience with this company? The sell contracts for all sorts of things.

Jeep Related content. This was a no-trade deal. The best I could push for is 5% off invoice plus the $2000 incentive that Jeep has on the 2019 Wranglers now. The Tread Lightly discount meant nothing to them. They said the FCA affiliate program only allows for you to have a pre-negotiated 1% off deal. No additional discounts on top of that.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I just picked up a new 2019 JLUR and the finance guy talked me into including an Easy Care Silver Service contract. The price was right for the coverage but I don't know anything about the company. I made sure I have 30 days to get my money back so I can get out if I need to.

The contract is strict but doable and covers most parts you would care about. It's a 10 year 120K mile contract with a $250 deductible and I paid $1667 for it. They have a good BBB rating but lot's of complaints like you normally hear about service contract companies avoiding paying out claims.

Have any of you had any experience with this company? The sell contracts for all sorts of things.

Jeep Related content. This was a no-trade deal. The best I could push for is 5% off invoice plus the $2000 incentive that Jeep has on the 2019 Wranglers now. The Tread Lightly discount meant nothing to them. They said the FCA affiliate program only allows for you to have a pre-negotiated 1% off deal. No additional discounts on top of that.
Look for an FCA extended warranty, check Tom Winkels @ Hayes Jeep, you can probably get the genuine factory extended coverage for a price similar to what you paid. Those 3rd party warranties can be problematic at best and a nightmare at their worst.
And you can be assured of genuine factory parts and "hopefully" technicians that are better trained in working on your JL :)

skipstar

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
This is a quote I got from Tom Hayes back in December, also I am including his email. I bought a warranty from him in the past and he was great. This quote is for a 2019 JLU.

[email protected]
Dec 5, 2019, 4:37 PM
Jeep Wrangler JL Easy Care Service Contracts {filename}

to me

No problem,

The 8/60K miles option is $1020, and the 8/75K miles is $1240. The 8/85K $200 deductible is $1375. Hope this helps!

Tom

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Get a refund asap. You can drive for 35 months and 35K miles before deciding if you want a Mopar Extended Warranty. Even then you can buy the Mopar warranty at a substantial discount if you decide you want it.

OP
OP
mschlott

mschlott

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, 2019 JLUR
Get a refund asap. You can drive for 35 months and 35K miles before deciding if you want a Mopar Extended Warranty. Even then you can buy the Mopar warranty at a substantial discount if you decide you want it.
I got a refund yesterday. The dealer, Forest Lane CDJR, was really good about it. Just walked in, talked to the finance guy and a few minutes later it was done. I'm probably going to get the Max Care 8/100.
Sponsored