OP
OP
smokie700

smokie700

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL wrangler, 2019 genesis g70
Some said they had success placing a socket in the rail to catch the seat.

I found that if i lift the front bar to unrecline tge seat it doesn't break the plastic clip in the rail
Sponsored

trat73

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Wrangler TJ, 2019 Wrangler JL
Thanks for the tip Smokie. I had to use a longer socket extender than recommended but that did the trick. I found the replacement parts online and it was about $16 for both sides with shipping. Easier to do that then to mess around with dealer in these times.

Blk2drJLRubi

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Rubicon
Hi JL owners - Both my front seats broke during my weekend in Ouray CO. Luckily was able to get both to recline back until we got home. Now passenger seat is stuck forward and I don't dare check the driver seat as it is currently driveable.

Roostre

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2-dr, 1949 Willy’s, 1994 F-350
Vehicle Showcase
We have a passenger seat stuck forward for 3 weeks now; essentially making the Jeep useless for more than 1 person. Dealer has had "parts on order" the entire time. Found a few plastic bits on the floor around the rails.

I was going to pull the entire seat out, but I noticed that the front inside bolt is not accessed from the top like the other 3 - I crawled underneath to see if I could get it to it- looks like you have to drop the fuel tank to pull the seat!! Really starting to frustrate me that this is taking so long to get fixed.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
We have a passenger seat stuck forward for 3 weeks now; essentially making the Jeep useless for more than 1 person. Dealer has had "parts on order" the entire time. Found a few plastic bits on the floor around the rails.

I was going to pull the entire seat out, but I noticed that the front inside bolt is not accessed from the top like the other 3 - I crawled underneath to see if I could get it to it- looks like you have to drop the fuel tank to pull the seat!! Really starting to frustrate me that this is taking so long to get fixed.
@Roostre

Consider just buying the part yourself and giving it to the dealer for them to install. The part will cost you $4.95 plus a couple of bucks shipping.

I just purchased 2 of each for both driver's and passenger side. I had the parts within 5 days of ordering.
I purchased them just in case...

Purchase - they are in stock here:
https://www.moparfixers.com

May also be available from forum Sponsor, @AllMoparParts.com

Seat return insert for driver's seat Part # 68485519AA
Seat return insert for the pass seat Part #68485522AA

No, you should not have to do this but... if you want your Jeep back, asap.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Sorry to hear this, Roostre! If you would like our assistance, send us a private message with more details.

Kate
Jeep Cares

LoganSA777

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL rubicon 2 door
2 door 2021 JL Rubicon. I've only had it for about 3 weeks no issues until this past Friday. Driver side seat doesn't wanna lock into place. Tried the 3/8 ext. Trick but nothing. The plastic slider appears to be intact. Not sure what else to try. Trying to avoid dealership. Pretty much all my local dealers are backed up and no loaners.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Hey FCA /Stellantis If you are reading this...WTF!!!!! why has this not been addressed with a real fix?????? Seriously! I carry my own plastic pieces of shit in case this happens. But why should I have to? There was nothing wrong with the old seat mechanism. Why woiuld u change it?

LoganSA777

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL rubicon 2 door
2 door 2021 JL Rubicon. I've only had it for about 3 weeks no issues until this past Friday. Driver side seat doesn't wanna lock into place. Tried the 3/8 ext. Trick but nothing. The plastic slider appears to be intact. Not sure what else to try. Trying to avoid dealership. Pretty much all my local dealers are backed up and no loaners.

Had to rig it up so that I can use it for now. Used the freedom top bag locking belt.

20210719_183117.jpg

20210719_183200.jpg
Sponsored