Sponsored

Driver's seat stuck folded forward

smokie700

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL wrangler, 2019 genesis g70
So today i had my month old jeep towed to the dealer. Apparently, there is a "stop" on the lower seat rail that allows you to fold the seat back. Mine was shattered and now i can't recline the seat back to drive. Not sure if just a one off issue. Just a heads up to all.

Forgot to take pics but it is on the lower rail middle
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
So today i had my month old jeep towed to the dealer. Apparently, there is a "stop" on the lower seat rail that allows you to fold the seat back. Mine was shattered and now i can't recline the seat back to drive. Not sure if just a one off issue. Just a heads up to all.

Forgot to take pics but it is on the lower rail middle
Youā€™re not alone:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2018-wrangler-jl-driver-side-seat-stuck.34098/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/drivers-side-seat-wonā€™t-fold-back.27061/

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Long story Short, there is a TSB 23-020-19, unfortunately common problem with our 2 door JLs. I ordered the parts, will repair myself when they come in. Fortunately, my rear seat is out, dogs are agile enough to jump in, front or back..

Last edited:
OP
OP
smokie700

smokie700

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep is at the dealer now. But...... part is on backorder. At least i get a loaner but......its not a wrangler.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Jeep is at the dealer now. But...... part is on backorder. At least i get a loaner but......its not a wrangler.
Hi smokie700, I regret to read about this! I would be happy to get a case escalated so we can look into the part delay for you. Feel free to send us a private message if you are interested.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

OP
OP
smokie700

smokie700

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealer has resolved the issue and my seat is working. Biggest issue was my VIN was not apart of the TSB listed. Looks like FCA is going to have to expand the vehicles affected.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The TSB specifically states for the repairs to be done if customer has an issue, regardless of vin # . So don't fall for the " vin isn't on the list", they tried that with me. I showed them the TSB,screenshot.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Mine just did this on day one back from its 22-day stint at the dealer for heater core replacement. I was out on a trail, too. I managed to get it to go back into position after 15 minutes of messing with it. The step that resolved it for me was to yank the recline strap while fiddling with the seat trying to get it to slide forward/back. I think you just need to mess with every adjustment possible and try different combos until it "fixes" itself.

I CAN NOT deal with this thing going back over this issue, I wonder if they'll order the parts and have them in stock without the Jeep having to come in in a "broken" state?

OP
OP
smokie700

smokie700

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The TSB specifically states for the repairs to be done if customer has an issue, regardless of vin # . So don't fall for the " vin isn't on the list", they tried that with me. I showed them the TSB,screenshot.
They ended up fixing it as per TSB. They were actually pretty helpful. Service Adviser didnt give the normal pushback when a customer tells them the fix.

OP
OP
smokie700

smokie700

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well they fixed it. It worked for less than a week and the piece shattered again. Seat doesnt recline back. Dealer notified, tow truck in route and here we go again.

Last edited:

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Sorry to hear that, I had hoped the replacement part would be revised, and fix the issue.
I'll find out when mine gets done , next month

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Iā€™ve resorted to just never folding my driver seat. All passengers if any go through the passenger side which doesnā€™t have the issue for me. Passenger side also slides forward more I think due to there being no steering wheel, bigger gap for people to hop in back.

Iā€™ll make an appointment at some point but gonna wheel the crap out of it while the good trails are still open for season.

OP
OP
smokie700

smokie700

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™ve resorted to just never folding my driver seat. All passengers if any go through the passenger side which doesnā€™t have the issue for me. Passenger side also slides forward more I think due to there being no steering wheel, bigger gap for people to hop in back.

Iā€™ll make an appointment at some point but gonna wheel the crap out of it while the good trails are still open for season.
Have my 2 boys in the back with a car seat. Cant get around not folding the seat nor should i need to. This is a pricey vehicle and a little plastic piece is crippling it.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Hi Jesse,
When you do decide to have this addressed, please feel free to loop us in if additional assistance is needed during your dealer visit. Our team is available via private message!
Alex
Jeep Cares

trat73

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Wrangler TJ, 2019 Wrangler JL
Just happened to my 2019 JL Sport S. Sucks. Saturday late afternoon so Iā€™m gonna have to wait for dealership to open Monday morning and have it towed there. Disappointing to hear theyā€™re using the same crappy parts for the fix. Anybody figure out a way to at least getting it back to drivable? Then I could just drop it at the dealership and itā€™ll be there.
Sponsored