Sponsored

Driver side "unlock button locks doors

onspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLS
Picked up a 2019 JL Sport S mid-April. Noticed the other day that the lock/unlock button on the driver door will only lock all the doors. Pressing lock will lock the doors, and pressing unlock will cause the doors to lock also. Basically can't use the power unlock button on the driver side.

Any one else experience this with an easy fix before I bring it back to the dealer? I checked the door connector, all the spade connectors seemed fine. Also made sure there were no loose fuses or relays.
Sponsored

mjohns57

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Willys
Vehicle Showcase
I think you can change how the locks operate in the uconnect settings screen.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I think you can change how the locks operate in the uconnect settings screen.
Not for the OP's issue of the unlock button on the door locking the doors instead of unlocking them.

mlspen0

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Nissan Pathfinder
I'm having the same issue with my 2018 JL Rubicon. If I use the key fob to unlock just the driver door then try to unlock the rest of the doors with the switch on the door it just locks the doors when I press the unlock switch. I got it working randomly after I pressed and held down the unlock button a few more times but after I tried it again that didn't work. When I unlocked it from the passenger door it worked correctly on the driver door locking and unlocking.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Picked up a 2019 JL Sport S mid-April. Noticed the other day that the lock/unlock button on the driver door will only lock all the doors. Pressing lock will lock the doors, and pressing unlock will cause the doors to lock also. Basically can't use the power unlock button on the driver side.

Any one else experience this with an easy fix before I bring it back to the dealer? I checked the door connector, all the spade connectors seemed fine. Also made sure there were no loose fuses or relays.
My 2018 Rubicon does the exact same thing. Let me know if you figure out what's wrong.

Sponsored

OP
OP

onspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLS
Dealer going to look at it when I bring it in for steering stabilizer and broken headrest

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My 2018 Rubicon does the exact same thing. Let me know if you figure out what's wrong.
Dealer going to look at it when I bring it in for steering stabilizer and broken headrest
We're sorry to hear that each of you have this concern with your Jeep Wrangler! Please send our team a private message with your name, VIN, and mileage so that we can document this and assist while your vehicles are in service.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Jeep 356

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door
Mine was doing the exact same thing 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL I replaced the door lock unlock switch and now it works perfectly!

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase
MY 2020 JLUR is doing this now. Brought it in 6 months ago for it and they told me that I bent a pin when I plugged the cable back in after putting the doors back on. I knew it was crap because the doors hadn't been off when it started. So now it's doing it again and the doors haven't been off since they fixed it. Wonder what they will say this time? :LOL:

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
MY 2020 JLUR is doing this now. Brought it in 6 months ago for it and they told me that I bent a pin when I plugged the cable back in after putting the doors back on. I knew it was crap because the doors hadn't been off when it started. So now it's doing it again and the doors haven't been off since they fixed it. Wonder what they will say this time? :LOL:
If you need support while at the dealer, feel free to send us a private message and let us know.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored