First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Anyway you could post pics during the day? I love this idea and just would like to see better lighting.
I did get a picture with more light. Let me know if you want anymore.

20200112_111621.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
I am saving this post so i can come back to this when i get my radio. What radio do you have?
Yaesu FTM-100. We have a good Yaesu digital presence in our area. Only downside to it, is it doesn’t really do dual watch.

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
Got a deal on some never installed Dirty Life wheels. They need some real meat on them. I'll go full beadlock when I do. Not sure on 35's or 37's yet.

Also installed a Christmas present, a 10" rough country light bar.

20200114_170105.jpg

20200114_113438.jpg

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I'd love more pictures of the Yaesu radio install. That's the radio I was considering, but was thinking of installing in front of the shifter, but didn't really like that location.

This is FANTASTIC!

Sponsored

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
I'd love more pictures of the Yaesu radio install. That's the radio I was considering, but was thinking of installing in front of the shifter, but didn't really like that location.

This is FANTASTIC!

Thanks! What pictures would you like?

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Looking to see how the faceplate attaches to the mount. Also curious how if your ham radio is integrated with your audio /stereo system.

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
Looking to see how the faceplate attaches to the mount. Also curious how if your ham radio is integrated with your audio /stereo system.
I don't have any pictures of that, and is a bit of a pain to remove. Stupid me should've taken during the process pictures..

Short version is, I cut the ABS to match the whole in the switch mount. Cut a square hole in the ABS plate where the remote head cord needed to go. Drilled a whole in the center of the plate, to match the mounting hole already on the head of the Yeasu radio. Screwed the plate onto the switch mount. Then scewed the radio head into the plate while it was in the switch mount.

I did not integrate it into the stereo system. The brain is directly below the glove box, with the speaker firing down. I find it to plenty loud enough, even on the interstate with a soft top on. I can get pictures of its location.

When it is warmer out, and not raining, I will get take the switch bank down and see about some pictures.

Happy to answer any questions you may have.

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
installed Rusty’s tailgate reinforcement in preparation for 37’s. Had this on my last JL. I find it to fit requirements perfectly. Camera and 3rd brake light stay on. No need to remove when dealing with the spare. Super solid, has extra internal bracing. Has an antenna mount, and the ability to add more options. Like a hi lift mount.

884FF266-02C1-46F9-81B4-D88893A51D1E.jpeg

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
Next up, lift! Installed the RK stock mod lift. Updated the lift to include adjustable lower control arms and adjustable rear sway bar links. Also went a different route. Chose the RK RRD 2.25 shocks. Decided it would be nice to have an all matched lift. Especially springs to shocks. Ran into a minor issue with one of the shocks. So the picture has one red shock installed. RK and Outlaw Offroad took care of the issue very quickly. Great support.

The ride is already fantastic on road. Can’t wait to try it out on a trail.

39F76015-5037-4EFA-B2F2-EA5EE185CD00.jpeg

B9E2721C-252E-4E9C-972E-3A5FCF7CE08C.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
Just noticed the above does t show my bum stops. Also installed the RK adjustable bump stops front and rear. Not a huge fan of how the rear works. Was tough to find a wrench narrow enough to fit in the angled mount when trying to tighten the bolt for the round adjustable part. But, I’d do get it done.

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
Finally, 37’s!! This Jeep is now the tallest,a end already most capable, a Jeep I’ve ever had. I considered going 35’s. But after pouring over tons of pictures and looking in person, I felt that 4 doors REALLY look best with 37’s. Especially since I could go that. If with the Rubicon axles.

I went with Milestar Patagonia’s due to all the recent good press. Special thanks to Lite Brite for reviewing them. I haven’t had them Offroad yet, it they are great on road. A little noisier than the stock KO2’s, but nothing r

EB398D0F-5D90-4E62-AC04-99DDDEB82527.jpeg

B0B89567-98AA-4933-8100-D237CFC4EC34.jpeg

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
Next up was winch. I went with the X2O again. It meets my use case, been happy with them.

Having had good luck with Rusty's Offroad JL stuff so far, I opted for their winch plate. Good price. Has their great ecoat and powdercoat. Doesn't require any modification. It also doesn't space the bumper out. Frame horn tie ins are behind the mounts, instead of in front. It also tilts forward a bit. Which I'm sure will help with water not collecting, and with keeping the control box just far enough off the grill .

Also went with the Factor 55 Splicer. I like the idea of closed winching. And the splicer is less parts in the chain .

Next up will some custom stickers from Pixeldecals. Can't wait!

20200225_175739.jpg

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Nice build.

Regarding the tires, the traditional method of install? (no beadlock rings)?
What method was used to balance the tires? Sticky weights, counteract beads, road force balance?
Was a lot of balance weight needed?

OP
OP
jawest12

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
Nice build.

Regarding the tires, the traditional method of install? (no beadlock rings)?
What method was used to balance the tires? Sticky weights, counteract beads, road force balance?
Was a lot of balance weight needed?
Thanks!

No beadlock rings yet. They will come at some point, but not high priority.

Sticky weights balance for the moment. I am not happy with the shop that installed them. The tires were purchased through Amazon, using their installation service. And the only shop in the area that provided it, was not great.

Some of the tires required a good bit of weight, others, just a little bit.

I've left it for now though, as everything rides and sounds good. I don't feel any crazy vibrations or noise.
Sponsored