Door lock illuminated

Rsw912

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler jlu
Should my drivers door locks and mirror controls be illuminated when headlights are on? Passenger side locks are illuminated but not driver. Is this normal?
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Should my drivers door locks and mirror controls be illuminated when headlights are on? Passenger side locks are illuminated but not driver. Is this normal?
Hi Rsw912,
Thanks for sharing your concerns on here, we certainly understand the trouble this might cause you. I would recommend bringing this to the attention of your dealer, as they would be in the best position to assist you. Of course, feel free to reach out to us privately while your vehicle is in service for additional support.

Kathryn
JeepCares

OP
OP

Rsw912

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler jlu
I figured it out was a bent pin in the door harness

MikeLewisMusic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 Door, 2.0l Turbo/Automatic
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I figured it out was a bent pin in the door harness
Door wiring harnesses are very fragile...lost a pin in my passenger door second time I put the doors back on, lost vertical control of my mirrors. Not worth a trip to the dealer on its own, but will be mentioned if I have to go for other purposes.

trat73

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Wrangler TJ, 2019 Wrangler JL
Had the same issue. You can see in the picture the bent pins on both ends. Gently used my finger to straighten them and the lights came back on. Anybody know the cost to replace if one of the pins breaks completely?
Jeep Wrangler JL Door lock illuminated 842CA6C2-B3E1-44A7-9BBE-2E07685E5DFB
Sponsored