Sponsored

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
2000 miles on a jlu rubi and about 3 miles of that has been gravel road.
Here is what they look like now.
Has any one else started to see this issue with there jl

Matt,

IMG_4314.JPG

IMG_4317.JPG

IMG_4318.JPG
First, I apologize for the bad drawing,

Weaknesses are as pictured below

p_875bxvka2.jpg

Many do not like clay paintings as they bother when climbing rocks.

p_875nsxj11.jpg

So I suggest making a rubber or a cover or a cover consisting of two parts that are pressed to protect and protect those hinges well and practically.

p_875cc4s31.jpg

As for the back, it is better to make plastic adhesive so that the body does not lose the aesthetic view .. The final picture of the idea

p_8766em5c1.jpg

Last edited:

MikeJLURubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Medicolegal Death Investigator
I used this "All in One Solution Mixture, today when I installed my R 3 hinge protectors. Solution worked great! By the way, the Hinge Protectors from this vendor are EXCELLENT!
Do you have to use distilled water?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Do you have to use distilled water?
I have a Bright White JL so I did not use distilled water. I'm thinking distilled water may be a good thing if your vehicle is dark color.
Possibly deposits in plain tap water may show as discoloration on a dark vehicle.. Just guessing here....

MikeJLURubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Medicolegal Death Investigator
I have a Bright White JL so I did not use distilled water. I'm thinking distilled water may be a good thing if your vehicle is dark color.
Possibly deposits in plain tap water may show as discoloration on a dark vehicle.. Just guessing here....
Makes sense. Thanks

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

It makes me cringe too, on every new one I find lol
I have a lot of pre cut protectors in the works,
Basically a protector for every place I have found chips!
i looked on your website for the hinge kit but all i see are a pair of pdfs. did you run out?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@R 3

Matt, Your video is just fine. My gal pal and I just watched it and we both said geeeeeez, he did it just like us. Anyway, your earthy, non-glamorous video shows very clearly, how to install. Also, shows the install is easy, but does take patience and a little time.

Your film door hinge protectors are the way to go! You are spot on in regard to fit.

I can't even imagine cutting them myself. I would never get them cut as perfect as your die cut offering. I'd have so much waste..

Anyway, terrific offering, the price is right and yes, your little video is aok.

I might add that your stating the hinges will get chipped during routine usage, is not a marketing ploy at all. The hinges will in fact get chipped without protective film.

Thanks, Matt... for your hinge protector offering!

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered his whole kit. I gotta say, I'm not as mechanically inclined as he is in his video, but it was informative. I really think this ordering is a must have for every JL owner.

Sponsored

coopster12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
2000 miles on a jlu rubi and about 3 miles of that has been gravel road.
Here is what they look like now.
Has any one else started to see this issue with there jl

Matt,

IMG_4314.JPG

IMG_4317.JPG

IMG_4318.JPG
I’ve had my JLU a month and almost all my hinges are chipped! I had my JKU for 3 years and not one chip on it. I’ve reached out to jeep to see if this is a design flaw or paint defect. The winter will rust up the exposed metal in no time.

i0iin65

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 06 Honda VFR800
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks R3 for the hinge protectors! Thanks for the install video also. I put mine on today, and I'm a happy customer. I only have 270 miles on it, and got them put on before any chips or scratches showed up. :)
20180530_200139.jpg

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Question - is this chipping issue on the hinges only evident on Rubicon or Sport models without the wide stock Mopar side steps like the Sahara does? Stock tires help minimize chip chances too I assume...

Was hoping I don’t have to worry about it if I plan to keep my Sahara stock?

i0iin65

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 06 Honda VFR800
Vehicle Showcase
Question - is this chipping issue on the hinges only evident on Rubicon or Sport models without the wide stock Mopar side steps like the Sahara does? Stock tires help minimize chip chances too I assume...

Was hoping I don’t have to worry about it if I plan to keep my Sahara stock?
My understanding is that it's mainly a Rubicon thing, because of the wider axles, BFG KO2s, and higher fenders. I would think if you keep the side steps on your Sahara you will have no problems.

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
My understanding is that it's mainly a Rubicon thing, because of the wider axles, BFG KO2s, and higher fenders. I would think if you keep the side steps on your Sahara you will have no problems.
Thank you. That’s kindda what I figured, but wanted to confirm. Not only is the Sahara side step nice and wide, but I looked at the fender versus the wheel/tires, and it’s completely tucked inside the fender. Which means, there’s no way (or very low likelihood) rocks will come up from the tires and hit the hinges.

So on the Rubicon’s, the fender is higher and the tires stick out beyond the fenders eh? Add to that the lack of protecting side steps... no wonder rocks come up. I’d even venture to guess, those folks with rubicon’s with chips on their hinges probably have them on their doors too. There’s no way rocks only hit the hinges.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.