Not open for further replies.

hokiedrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 BMW 328i, 2018 JLUR Sting
It makes me cringe too, on every new one I find lol
I have a lot of pre cut protectors in the works,
Basically a protector for every place I have found chips!
Well I'm definitely interested in the door sills if you are doing pre cut vinyl for that too. I ordered the hinge vinyl last night...any idea what the typical shipping time is to northern virginia? Thx for tackling this market. Who knew!

OP
OP
R 3

R 3

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.r3offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon 2008 jku 2006 lj
Here is the rough prototype of the front sill gaurd I out lined it in black sharpe to help distinguish.
I would like to hear some thoughts on the coverage and if more or less is wanted befor I put them into final production tomarrow
Thanks
Matt,

IMG_4462.JPG

IMG_4463.JPG

IMG_4464.JPG

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Any reason for not going a bit lower, to cover the lower section as well? It looks like it could go 2-3" lower from my view (unless I'm misunderstanding the photo).

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
It makes me cringe too, on every new one I find lol
I have a lot of pre cut protectors in the works,
Basically a protector for every place I have found chips!
Please keep us posted as these pieces are ready. I ordered my JLUR the other day and will definitely be buying these. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Sponsored

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top
After buying and installing the metal Mopar door sill protectors, I'm wishing I had put on PPF first (or at the same time). The coverage on the metal sill protectors is minimal (the black ones have better coverage though).

I might get some 4" or 6" PPF and attempt to measure and cut out holes for the installed door sill covers, or possibly install the PPF over the metal sill protectors then carefully cut around the edges of the sill protectors and remove the film from just that section.

Does anyone have any thought on what the best method would be to do this?

I just get flashbacks to every shitty decal job I attempted while building model planes as a kid :)

EDIT: @R 3 - would it be possible to have the bottom of the sill PPF go down to the rock rails, or would that be better as a separate piece of PPF?

Also - would it have a separate piece of PPF for the other side of the seam? (2nd pic, right side)?

EDIT2: @hokiedrew I'm in MD suburbs of DC, and the door hinge film came in like 2 days IIRC

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
I just get flashbacks to every shitty decal job I attempted while building model planes as a kid :)
Awesome! This killed me! Like using tweezers and you could never get the wrinkles out or it tore.

OP
OP
R 3

R 3

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.r3offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon 2008 jku 2006 lj
My original thought was to bring the sill protector all the down beyond the rock rail and also make a separate part for the rear side of the seam, I was mainly trying to find a way to keep the price as low as possible.
I feel that from these positive responses every one would really like the extra coverage! I will start redrawing this tonite.
@hokiedrew shipping should be two days

hokiedrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 BMW 328i, 2018 JLUR Sting
My original thought was to bring the sill protector all the down beyond the rock rail and also make a separate part for the rear side of the seam, I was mainly trying to find a way to keep the price as low as possible.
I feel that from these positive responses every one would really like the extra coverage! I will start redrawing this tonite.
@hokiedrew shipping should be two days
Thanks

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
How to install 3M Paint Protection Film.

You can use an "All in One Solution" when you apply the 3M film.
You would mix and pour your solution into an empty, clean, spray bottle.

All in One Solution mixture:
8oz. of 70% Isopropyl Alcohol
24 oz. of Distilled Water (DISTILLED WATER)
2 ml of Johnson's Baby Shampoo
I used this "All in One Solution Mixture, today when I installed my R 3 hinge protectors. Solution worked great! By the way, the Hinge Protectors from this vendor are EXCELLENT!

Last edited:

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7

Cyclone88

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2012 JK Sport, 2013 Mini Countryman
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up buying this touch up paint about a week ago and low and behold, I get a package today from my dealer with a, you guessed it, MOPAR touch up paint pen. At least now I have 2..
Huh, you're kidding. Completely random? That's pretty nice.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Completely random. Pretty nice to get something for free out of the blue! Just wish I hadn't actually bought some first, lol.
20180519_163609.jpg
I think the last dealership I bought from actually did the same thing! I wasn’t sure if it was a random gift or something everyone does when you buy from the factory?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.