Dome Light Idea

Jnwolfe125

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 4XE
Just took delivery of my Jeep last weekend and tonight, as I'm driving home in the dark with my pup in the back, I went to go turn on one of the map/dome lights for the way back (guessing that it was like the dome lights between the seats that has 4 individually switched LEDs). Well, as you know, the rear one isn't like the front one in this regard.

So here's my question-- has anyone bought an extra "front style" dome light and installed it in the rear? It'd be great to be able to switch on only one or two LEDs to see that rear cargo area, rather than lightning up the whole interior via the roller switch on the dash.
Sponsored

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
you could modify to fit one, I don't know if the connectors are the same. the panels are really easy to remove and reinstall. I have installed rock lights in my interior to make it brighter, like way brighter. They turn on automatically with the dome lights, like when the door is open, or I can manually turn them on.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Last edited:

Sponsored

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT, 1969 Wagoneer
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lighting Adventures Since 1970
Lol… you better put him on the payroll if you pull his IP for your use. 😂
That is the great thing with the Cyclones. Great multi purpose little light. People always come up with great ideas.

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
That is the great thing with the Cyclones. Great multi purpose little light. People always come up with great ideas.
you're so right, this is the setup I used to have. I hooked it up to my light controller but I would have to go up front to turn them on and off, so my buddy used his as front rock lights and I'm going to copy his setup. the cyclones also worked as chase lights when the top was off and wheeling.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dome Light Idea 20200201_164351

Sponsored

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT, 1969 Wagoneer
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lighting Adventures Since 1970
you're so right, this is the setup I used to have. I hooked it up to my light controller but I would have to go up front to turn them on and off, so my buddy used his as front rock lights and I'm going to copy his setup. the cyclones also worked as chase lights when the top was off and wheeling.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dome Light Idea 20200201_164351
Nice set up! I've seen a few people have those amber cyclones on their rear bumper also. Ambers in the rear are a great idea.