Relay question, dome light

camrex

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
@gpoverland I'm working on wiring my ROAM sidestep lights, and am thinking I am going to go with this setup. Currently they are wired directly to AUX3, but I would like them to also turn on when the doors are opened. I want to make sure I understand your wiring here.

It appears you have the following:
N\O: Blue wire to interior door light and + Input
COM: Red wire to + LEDs on sidesteps
N\C: Yellow wire to AUX switch
- Input: Green wire to ground
+ Input: Blue wire to N\O & interior door light

The picture almost looks like the Blue wire (N\O) is going to the AUX 4 wire (Blue/Pink wire), which is contrary to your diagram. Also, based on this wiring you are powering all of your side step LEDs from the interior door light, when doors are open. Would it not be better to wire N\O to the battery with a fuse, to take the strain off of the interior light circuit?

My only remaining question is, how has this been working so far?

Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
@gpoverland I'm working on wiring my ROAM sidestep lights, and am thinking I am going to go with this setup. Currently they are wired directly to AUX3, but I would like them to also turn on when the doors are opened. I want to make sure I understand your wiring here.

It appears you have the following:
N\O: Blue wire to interior door light and + Input
COM: Red wire to + LEDs on sidesteps
N\C: Yellow wire to AUX switch
- Input: Green wire to ground
+ Input: Blue wire to N\O & interior door light

The picture almost looks like the Blue wire (N\O) is going to the AUX 4 wire (Blue/Pink wire), which is contrary to your diagram. Also, based on this wiring you are powering all of your side step LEDs from the interior door light, when doors are open. Would it not be better to wire N\O to the battery with a fuse, to take the strain off of the interior light circuit?

My only remaining question is, how has this been working so far?

Thanks.
Trying to remember the colors.. Blue wire is to the AUX Switch. When it's enable, it acts as both the trigger and the power feed to the light (the blue wire). Yellow wire was to the Interior door lamp / courtesy lamp +. Green is the ground. and Red was to the ROAM light + side. Take a look at the diagram I included. Works great.. PM me with questions.. I'm on here reading a lot.. lol