Sponsored

Does it matter if your personal information is wrong on your order?

Turaven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wrangler Sport 4-door 6MT
Hey guys. I put in my 2023 order a few days ago and I received a copy of the build sheet and the "financial document" with the final out the door price on it. On one my name is misspelled and on the other my name/address is misspelled.

I'm 99% sure this doesn't matter as the build is correct so it's going to be built/shipped to my dealer, and they should be able to fix it all at the time of purchase, I've just never ordered a vehicle and I'm a bit nervous it's going to cause some dumb problem after months of waiting.

I emailed my salesman and they said thanks for letting us know but didn't say if it matters or any follow-up.

Please forgive the dull topic.. I'm excited to get Jeep'n and I don't want any extra delays!
Sponsored

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
If your name is misspelled, you will not be able to track it unless you use the name the dealer sent to Jeep. And if you use JC, they ask for address etc.

Deleted member 59498

Should not be a big deal. If you want to talk to jeep chat (no reason to really with tracker) just use information dealer gave you.

OP
OP
Turaven

Turaven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Should not be a big deal. If you want to talk to jeep chat (no reason to really with tracker) just use information dealer gave you.
I'm not sure what Jeep chat is.. so that's fine probably. The tracker is working fine using the name on the build sheet with the VON. Shows as accepted.

Deleted member 59498

Yeah before the tracker in last couple months was hard to get updates so jeep chat could give information on status.

Sponsored

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
So they created a person who doesn’t exist. When you come in to the dealer to pick it up, they’ll act like they don’t know you. They‘ll pretend they can’t see you. Then your salesman will either buy it at a huge discount or sell it to a friend.

Jeep Wrangler JL Does it matter if your personal information is wrong on your order? 1655077329808

cornercanyon

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
. . . realizing each day–
The 2021 special orders came with a window sticker that states: This vehicle was built especially for... I am glad my name is spelled right—

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

The 2021 special orders came with a window sticker that states: This vehicle was built especially for... I am glad my name is spelled right—
That's an excellent reason to force them to correct it.

OP
OP
Turaven

Turaven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So they created a person who doesn’t exist. When you come in to the dealer to pick it up, they’ll act like they don’t know you. They‘ll pretend they can’t see you. Then your salesman will either buy it at a huge discount or sell it to a friend.

Jeep Wrangler JL Does it matter if your personal information is wrong on your order? 1655077329808
Well.. it's one letter in my last name typed twice in a row instead of once, so it looks more like a sticky keyboard than anything malicious. And my ID is photocopied in the file for the vehicle so it's obvious who it's for.

I'm sure you're joking though.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
My name on all the docs was correct, but they misspelled my last name on the "This vehicle built for..." part of the sticker. Kind of a bummer, but no issues.
Sponsored