Sponsored

Do NOT consider buying a Jeep from Lakeland Florida CDJ!!!

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
They are a deceitful and criminal dealership. I should have read the reviews before I purchased from them. I bought my new JL Sahara from them on July 11th. They obtained a 10 day pay off on my trade. They have yet to pay off my trade and still haven't submitted the new loan paperwork to my credit union. I am still responsible for making all car payments on my old Jeep that I traded in. I have made 1 additional car payment since the deal and I am coming up on making a 2nd additional car payment which overall reduces the value of my trade in by $1000. I spoke to their finance department today and they were unable to tell me what the hold up was on paying off my trade. I searched the VIN on my trade on the internet and it was listed for sale originally at Lakeland Jeep and then disappeared and then showed up on a Toyota lot in Ft. Worth, TX. Of note, Lakeland Jeep has a sister Toyota dealership right next door to their Jeep dealership. Something fishy is going on here. Apparently car dealerships have been known for delaying pay offs on trades so that customers continue to pay down the loan as it remains the customer's ongoing responsibility. Other reviewers of Lakeland Jeep have had this very same thing happen to them. To say I am pissed off is an understatement.
Sponsored

1986CJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ
Likely sent it through a dealer-only auto auction like most trade in's and it ended up in TX> Start making phone calls. They owe you $$$

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
If they have your vehicle, haven’t paid you or your bank, report it stolen.

Sponsored

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
There’s no way that’s legal.

When you trade it in you should be signing some sort of bill of sale and release of liability.

Maybe Florida is different.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the 'heads up'. Please be sure to post any updates.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
They are a deceitful and criminal dealership. I should have read the reviews before I purchased from them. I bought my new JL Sahara from them on July 11th. They obtained a 10 day pay off on my trade. They have yet to pay off my trade and still haven't submitted the new loan paperwork to my credit union. I am still responsible for making all car payments on my old Jeep that I traded in. I have made 1 additional car payment since the deal and I am coming up on making a 2nd additional car payment which overall reduces the value of my trade in by $1000. I spoke to their finance department today and they were unable to tell me what the hold up was on paying off my trade. I searched the VIN on my trade on the internet and it was listed for sale originally at Lakeland Jeep and then disappeared and then showed up on a Toyota lot in Ft. Worth, TX. Of note, Lakeland Jeep has a sister Toyota dealership right next door to their Jeep dealership. Something fishy is going on here. Apparently car dealerships have been known for delaying pay offs on trades so that customers continue to pay down the loan as it remains the customer's ongoing responsibility. Other reviewers of Lakeland Jeep have had this very same thing happen to them. To say I am pissed off is an understatement.
I have seen this happen before with friends. Call your bank that you are making payments to and tell them he facts. Contact the credit agencies to monitor your credit. Call your States Attorney General asap. Personally i'd consult with a attorney as well. Good luck.

OP
OP
Trauma PA

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Called and left multiple voicemails with general manager, finance department, customer relations advocate and still no response. Sent email to general manager of dealership and haven't heard back. Filed a complaint with state attorney general's office. Pathetic dealership.

Sponsored

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
slow down a bit. I had something similar happen years ago and had to make 2 extra payments after trading in my vehicle. While that sux because i had an extra car loan for 2 months the payoff at trade in is what the dealer will payoff even if they drag their feet and payoff ends up dropping. So in the end those 2 extra payments were refunded to me by the financing bank.

Call the bank that owns your trade and speak with them to confirm.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Called and left multiple voicemails with general manager, finance department, customer relations advocate and still no response. Sent email to general manager of dealership and haven't heard back. Filed a complaint with state attorney general's office. Pathetic dealership.
They have the sales money .

Last edited:

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Contact CEO Mike Manley at FCA .

OP
OP
Trauma PA

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finally received a call from customer relations advocate. Was very apologetic and said she was told they were overnighting the trade pay off to the lien holder. She couldn't tell me why there was a delay in sending the pay off but that they were sending the amount shown on the buyer's order and that the lien holder would reimburse me any overage that they received. So hopefully in a few days all of this will be put to rest. I'll call my credit union at the end of the week and make sure they did indeed receive the pay off.

OP
OP
Trauma PA

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Update: loan was paid off in full. Overage was refunded to me. All is well. Never received an answer as to why it took them 1 month to do so but...........in the end I'm very happy with my JL. I still have my opinions on how the dealership conducts business however.
Sponsored