Sponsored

Do custom orders show up as "In Transit"?

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
My jeep is built, I have the sticker, and it is "In the shipping process" according to jeep chat. However, I don't see it in the inventory list on jeep's website or my dealer's. My question is, will I see it show up there before it is delivered? I want to take it off the lot as soon as it is delivered, but I also don't want to call my dealer every 15 minutes for shipping status (my understanding is that at this point the dealer has a better view to shipping than jeep chat). I see several jeeps both on the jeep website and the dealer website that say "In Transit" - will I be able to see my jeep pop up there before it arrives?
Sponsored

JurassicJeep12

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jpmotorpool.com
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler (Leslie), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Land Raider)
Occupation
Warehouse Manager
Vehicle Showcase
For me, since I gave up on my dealer informing me of any updates, I check on their site, which lists my Jeep as incoming inventory. I did call to confirm they can't sell it to someone else. As of now it shows no pics, just a listing of all the specs and the price. Once I notice pics up on the page, I know it has to be delivered then.
This is the link to mine:
https://www.chapmanlasvegas.com/detail/new/2019/Jeep/Wrangler+Unlimited/19J476/CAJ

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@cbrenthus

Yes, you will probably see IN TRANSIT, about 2-4 days before the dealer gets the delivery of your JL.

Now, if you were say on Calif. it would be longer then 4 days.

I base what I am saying on my delivery and a few other deliveries.

Also, when it arrives at the dealer, the IN TRANSIT usually, continues to be seen, for a few days on the dealer's website.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Yep, mine showed up on Auto Trader and the sites as in Transit even after I had the sticker- VIN and all. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I used to work for a company that dealt with making websites for dealers. Dealers get inventory data feeds of vehicles on their way to the dealer location from the manufacturer. I believe it's sort of like a shipping manifest, so once updated it not only updates the dealer's site, but also all the main sites that operate off of those dealer feeds if the dealer lists on them (cars.com, Autotrader, etc).

Just make sure you call your sales person to confirm the arrival and arrange delivery.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Mine shows as of yesterday it’s at Toledo nitro creek and it says truck load complete. Does anyone know what that means? I’m in NY

Sponsored

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
My jeep is built, I have the sticker, and it is "In the shipping process" according to jeep chat. However, I don't see it in the inventory list on jeep's website or my dealer's. My question is, will I see it show up there before it is delivered? I want to take it off the lot as soon as it is delivered, but I also don't want to call my dealer every 15 minutes for shipping status (my understanding is that at this point the dealer has a better view to shipping than jeep chat). I see several jeeps both on the jeep website and the dealer website that say "In Transit" - will I be able to see my jeep pop up there before it arrives?
Mine didn't show up on my dealers inventory.

Since Jeep chat is somewhat unreliable, I contacted then in the morning and then again in the evening. Sometimes I got some weird status updates from them (Both in status G (Trim) and released KZ at the same time). Overall they were helpful.

Once I knew it was ready to be shipped, I emailed my dealer once or twice a week for status. That didn't help much since once it shipped, it arrived pretty quickly in Virginia.

OP
OP

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Thanks for the replies everyone, good to know! I e-mailed my dealer, and the most important part to me is they've agreed to minimal prep. I would like to know a day or 2 ahead of time so I can secure my financing and pick it up ASAP after delivery. I might check in with the dealer again this week.

OP
OP

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
This popped up in my feed today, and is very funny to read my last post because the dealer called me THAT day to say my Jeep had arrived. I had to wait until Friday to pick her up though as I was waiting on the financing check. But they were great, parked it around back and when I got in she only had 5 miles and all protective films still in place. Took her for a 15 mile test drive though ;)
Sponsored