Disappointed

Darthwrangler

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Wrangler
I recently placed an order for a 2022 JLU Rubicon. From all that I read and discussed with the dealers... 2022s would get uconnect 5. My order just went into D1 status and, I just noticed that (on the jeep build website) they are sticking with uconnect 4c. If true, thats a huge disappointment, I was really looking forward to the faster speed and going wireless. Are there any work arounds to connect wirelessly or should/can I cancel my order and wait until uconnect 5 is available?
Sponsored

Reactions: AFD

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I thought it’s Uconnect 4 and 4c is the Ram 12”.

I use carlinkit in both the Jeep and Ram to get wireless CarPlay.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
As others mentioned you can get a wireless CarPlay addon that plugs into the USB port. This works great for me. Uconnect 5 is “faster” but it’s subjective? IMO didnt feel that way when I tested it.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Thanks... definitely not a deal-breaker. Guess I'll have to get a wireless adapter (problem solved). Thanks again.
Heads up, not sure if it's still working, but there was a member who posted a link to a killer deal for the Carlinkit recently (like half off).

High-Strung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JLURD
Heads up, not sure if it's still working, but there was a member who posted a link to a killer deal for the Carlinkit recently (like half off).
The coupon codes still work. Sheesh, a solution to a problem that I haven't even thought of. And I don't even have the Jeep yet!

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
Don’t sweat it, you are going to love the new Jeep! Forgot the phone and enjoy the open air, haha!

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I recently placed an order for a 2022 JLU Rubicon. From all that I read and discussed with the dealers... 2022s would get uconnect 5. My order just went into D1 status and, I just noticed that (on the jeep build website) they are sticking with uconnect 4c. If true, thats a huge disappointment, I was really looking forward to the faster speed and going wireless. Are there any work arounds to connect wirelessly or should/can I cancel my order and wait until uconnect 5 is available?
There is supposed to be a lot of changes for 2023. UC5 will probably be available when the 2023 Wrangler refresh happens.

valen22us

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
There is supposed to be a lot of changes for 2023. UC5 will probably be available when the 2023 Wrangler refresh happens.
Will it have the 392 version? :angel:

OP
OP

Darthwrangler

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Wrangler
Don’t sweat it, you are going to love the new Jeep! Forgot the phone and enjoy the open air, haha!
Amen Bro... Just received an email from the dealership that my 2022 JLUR is sipping tomorrow! Glad I kept the order.
Sponsored