First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer

A quick video detailing the install of the Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro Fog Lights. These bolted in super easily in the stock locations of my Rubicon steel bumper. Fantastic light output and great throw. SAE approved too!
Sponsored

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Looks good. Have been deciding between these and the Baja sport models.

you should get some night shots.

OP
OP
track.n.trail

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Looks good. Have been deciding between these and the Baja sport models.

you should get some night shots.
Thanks! Yeah I really like these so far. They're actually rated at more output than the Baja Designs.

Wandering Zed

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon - White
Occupation
Quality Management
Installed these the other day.

Super easy install, solid output, nice upgrade. Highly recommend!

Sponsored

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
Night shots of the light output without headlights would be great!

JeepAustinWeird

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

A quick video detailing the install of the Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro Fog Lights. These bolted in super easily in the stock locations of my Rubicon steel bumper. Fantastic light output and great throw. SAE approved too!
Owen,
Thanks for the video review. It looks like Diode Dynamics has 3 versions for the Rubicon steel bumper, the SS3 Sport, Pro, and Max. Which version did you get and install?

Do you still have them after a year since your post and are you still happy with them? Are there any situations where you would rather have the white (6000K) color rather than the (3000K) yellow?

Do the stock LED headlights drown them out if both on together?

Lastly, can these fog lights be used (on) for daily commuting? (I ask this last question b/c on DD website, the guy comments that the spot/driving beam can substitute for high beams 🤷‍♂️)

OP
OP
track.n.trail

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Owen,
Thanks for the video review. It looks like Diode Dynamics has 3 versions for the Rubicon steel bumper, the SS3 Sport, Pro, and Max. Which version did you get and install?

Do you still have them after a year since your post and are you still happy with them? Are there any situations where you would rather have the white (6000K) color rather than the (3000K) yellow?

Do the stock LED headlights drown them out if both on together?

Lastly, can these fog lights be used (on) for daily commuting? (I ask this last question b/c on DD website, the guy comments that the spot/driving beam can substitute for high beams 🤷‍♂️)
Hey Steve,

I'm running the SS3 Pros. At the time of installation they did not offer the Max, but I'm very happy with the light output of the Pros.

I am still glad I went with the yellow color. It is definitely beneficial in adverse weather conditions and complements the factory LED headlight color well.

These are the SAE approved fog beam version that does have a cutoff so they can be used for daily driving - just make sure to aim them properly so you aren't blinding everyone.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Hey Steve,

I'm running the SS3 Pros. At the time of installation they did not offer the Max, but I'm very happy with the light output of the Pros.

I am still glad I went with the yellow color. It is definitely beneficial in adverse weather conditions and complements the factory LED headlight color well.

These are the SAE approved fog beam version that does have a cutoff so they can be used for daily driving - just make sure to aim them properly so you aren't blinding everyone.
Maybe you guys can help me out. I just installed the Diode Dynamics SS3 fogs in my steel JL bumper. How do you get to the one allen bolt to adjust the up/down? Both lights have one that's very easy to reach and the second you have struggle to even see?
Sponsored