Diode dynamics SS3 pro or?

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
If I had the extra money, I may have gone max. But I am also looking into some laser lighting to possibly add in the future.
I've researched this stuff some, what do you want laser lights for? If you aren't going retardedly fast offroad, there is really no point from my understanding. Also the lifespans of laser lights are highly diminished when compared to LEDs.

I mean obviously spend your money where you want, if you gotta have 'em, you gotta have 'em. But I don't see the juice being any where near the squeeze on these things for anyone that isn't hitting serious speeds offroad at night.

For most of us, a quality pair of driving flood pattern combination pods, or a single lightbar of the same, would put a ridiculous smile on our faces. A laser light setup would make for a ball of sunlight up close, or an amazing throw of light way, way, way over there. With not a whole lot of light in between that spot over there and your other lighting.
Sponsored

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Just installed over the weekend and these bad boys are awesome. Install was a piece of cake, just make sure you have the 3" extension handy. Not sure if I'll be able to run them around the neighborhood because they are so bright, but these are a nice confidence bump in regards to safety for trail/camp and for remote highway driving.

Running the pros and not sure why anyone would need the max for a standard fog application. At that point you might as well be running dedicated spots or some heaven's gate light bar set up

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Just installed over the weekend and these bad boys are awesome. Install was a piece of cake, just make sure you have the 3" extension handy. Not sure if I'll be able to run them around the neighborhood because they are so bright, but these are a nice confidence bump in regards to safety for trail/camp and for remote highway driving.

Running the pros and not sure why anyone would need the max for a standard fog application. At that point you might as well be running dedicated spots or some heaven's gate light bar set up
Agreed. The pro is amazing. Of course I can’t compare with the sport.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350

Need? Lol.

xtremejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
I just installed some pro fogs and another set of driving pro. I have 2 sets of driving pro(a pillar, bumper) the pro fogs and a 12" light bar, an ssc2 will eventually arrive in the future. They are all awesome! I love how they light up the road but dont blind oncoming drivers.
Any reason you went with 2 sets of driving vs. throwing some spots in the mix?

For others deciding on fogs - I have the yellow fog max and they are awesome. I really like the cutoff on the max and wanted the extra power for the perceived less light with yellow, but better refraction in snow storm conditions in particular.

Sponsored

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
Any reason you went with 2 sets of driving vs. throwing some spots in the mix?

For others deciding on fogs - I have the yellow fog max and they are awesome. I really like the cutoff on the max and wanted the extra power for the perceived less light with yellow, but better refraction in snow storm conditions in particular.
My buddy @Whiskeybiskit and I go off roading at night occasionally (it's too hot here in the summer to go all day) I originally ordered the 2 driving lights and liked the output, so I assumed 2 sets would be better, and I was right! The four driving beams light up a significant amount of area without wasting light far down the trail. A short time after I recieved and installed my second set, diode released the combo lens pattern. I looked into ordering those but between my pro fogs and driving beams plus a 12' white fog and quadratec floods for side shooting I have the light setup I need. I also do work at night sometimes and the lights have been more than sufficient. A small part of me wants to order a 50' light bar from diode for the top but I dont need it and that money is going torwards a lift and tires.

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
Forgot to mention, I had some lights before that left me wanting more. @Whiskeybiskit had bought a 6 inch fog pattern from diode and we were so impressed I had to upgrade.
Sponsored