Diode dynamics SS3 pro or?

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Really impressed with what I am reading and seeing of these for fogs. I just picked a Mopar steel bumper up and the oem LEDs don’t work from the plastic bumper (as most know).

so, I am going to try and upgrade a little. The max version looks great, his not paying that much for fogs.

also wondering if any of you have a link or idea where to pick them up. I have tried applying our discount and it doesn’t apply to them at one of the sponsers sites. $319 is the best I can find so far :/
Sponsored

Dudley Dawson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Really impressed with what I am reading and seeing of these for fogs. I just picked a Mopar steel bumper up and the oem LEDs don’t work from the plastic bumper (as most know).

so, I am going to try and upgrade a little. The max version looks great, his not paying that much for fogs.

also wondering if any of you have a link or idea where to pick them up. I have tried applying our discount and it doesn’t apply to them at one of the sponsers sites. $319 is the best I can find so far :/
Not sure about current discounts, but they offer free shipping for JLWF members. Send them a PM. I have the SS3 Pro Amber Fogs - they are worth the money, IMO.

RedRaptorJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mazda3 Hatch, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
Lots of reading material over @ TacomaWorld. There is a dedicated thread with 225+ pages.

Sport - Best bang for the buck. Good cutoff. 4K emitters.
Pros - More than capable for all applications. Cutoff isn't as good, some light bleed. 4K emitters.
MAX - The best light performance period. Nothing comparable in the market. Cutoff is phenomenal. Costs the most. 6K OSRAM emitters.

Personally I'm saving my pennies for the MAX.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Lots of reading material over @ TacomaWorld. There is a dedicated thread with 225+ pages.

Sport - Best bang for the buck. Good cutoff. 4K emitters.
Pros - More than capable for all applications. Cutoff isn't as good, some light bleed. 4K emitters.
MAX - The best light performance period. Nothing comparable in the market. Cutoff is phenomenal. Costs the most. 6K OSRAM emitters.

Personally I'm saving my pennies for the MAX.
I ended up ordering the pros. I couldn’t spend $500+ on fogs. Unless they were able to switch between spot, fog, flood. And do my laundry.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
I was torn on pro vs max. I ended up going pro because i think the max might actually be too bright for general road use. Its not illegal; but it would probably piss a lot of drivers off For absolutely no reason. And when you look at this pic, which i confirmed with DD that is the pro, i think it is more than sufficient for a fog lamp

Jeep Wrangler JL Diode dynamics SS3 pro or? 3D345503-638C-467E-9E16-185797ADE888

Sponsored

RedRaptorJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mazda3 Hatch, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
All SS3s are SAE compliant so there is no issue with legality. MAX have smarter cutoff so eventho there is more output its concentrated in a legal beam pattern.

Regardless, the DD SS3 fogs (Sport, Pro, MAX) are all good options.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I was torn on pro vs max. I ended up going pro because i think the max might actually be too bright for general road use. Its not illegal; but it would probably piss a lot of drivers off For absolutely no reason. And when you look at this pic, which i confirmed with DD that is the pro, i think it is more than sufficient for a fog lamp

Jeep Wrangler JL Diode dynamics SS3 pro or? 3D345503-638C-467E-9E16-185797ADE888
the pros arrived today and I installed them in the bumper. I won’t have the time to swap the plastic bumper out with the new steel and pros. However, I gotta say, I am a little disappointed that these don’t mount flush up against the inside of the bumper. There is a little card that came instructing to adjust the lights to leave a little gap on the bottom, which will end up aiming the lights down enough. Maybe I can figure out a way to mod the gap. Or, maybe it won’t be noticeable when the bumper is mounted.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
the pros arrived today and I installed them in the bumper. I won’t have the time to swap the plastic bumper out with the new steel and pros. However, I gotta say, I am a little disappointed that these don’t mount flush up against the inside of the bumper. There is a little card that came instructing to adjust the lights to leave a little gap on the bottom, which will end up aiming the lights down enough. Maybe I can figure out a way to mod the gap. Or, maybe it won’t be noticeable when the bumper is mounted.
pic?

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I am absolutely impressed with the output and cutoff. Couldn’t be happier and love the new bumper.

24748E85-E100-46A6-A8E1-36C78AEBA0CD.jpeg

1CF5D38F-43BA-41D4-9F15-4BFCD3B35138.jpeg

E466971C-806B-40F4-A560-9DE0D93FD947.jpeg

DD943DE6-388F-49C6-9F22-83D72EA88DBA.jpeg

4B46BC63-C6DD-49AC-A91B-7D172C329DD6.jpeg

Sponsored

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed some pro fogs and another set of driving pro. I have 2 sets of driving pro(a pillar, bumper) the pro fogs and a 12" light bar, an ssc2 will eventually arrive in the future. They are all awesome! I love how they light up the road but dont blind oncoming drivers.

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Thanks for the photos @kapk22 ! I was torn between the yellow and white lighting but really like how well the white matches up with the OEM LED, plus it's more functional for my DD set up. Gonna order a set of the pro fogs this weekend :beer:

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Thanks for the photos @kapk22 ! I was torn between the yellow and white lighting but really like how well the white matches up with the OEM LED, plus it's more functional for my DD set up. Gonna order a set of the pro fogs this weekend :beer:
The install was pretty easy. I am sure i will need to adjust them a little. I still have to adjust my headlights after the lift. Was just waiting to see if the heavier bumper was going to make much difference in the ride height in the front end first.

I got the pros with the mounting brackets for the steel bumper for $315 shipped off eBay. I couldn’t find any of our vendors with discounts. Glad to hear this helped someone else. Enjoy