First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

How do you find these? What about when traveling on the interstates? One reason for getting the ED is I have a lot of long runs (4-11 hours)
I think someone may have mentioned it already. Gas Buddy app

U EEDIOT

First Name
Scott!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2006 Trailblazer SS
Occupation
Did my time. https://youtu.be/mj1dd0Kcq8A?si=h8gOFKS0rg7hysV6

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
No Costco/Sam's/BJ's with diesel in Northern Virginia. I wish there were.
I only paid $2.99/gal at Shell on Monday. Imagine how cheap it would be if any warehouse clubs had it!
the variable in price here is insane ,plus most of these stations are 20% biodiesel 🗑
Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel Fuel Pricing - why so varied? AAB68B82-3CAB-4F57-989C-B11D715FD348

Sponsored

Frostbyte

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392XR, 2019 WK2 LtdX, 2017 JK, 2006 XK
Wow...your fuel prices suck! Diesel here in the Last Frontier is .30 cheaper.

Jeep Wrangler JL Diesel Fuel Pricing - why so varied? Screenshot_20211007-081615_Brave

OP
OP

ECP

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
No Costco/Sam's/BJ's with diesel in Northern Virginia. I wish there were.
I only paid $2.99/gal at Shell on Monday. Imagine how cheap it would be if any warehouse clubs had it!
So I wrote to Costco and here was they said:

Thank you for your email about diesel. While diesel fuel remains a mainstay for commercial trucking, it's popularity in passenger cars and even pickups remains unsettled.

Prior to building any new fuel station, Costco does some market analysis regarding the types of vehicles registered in the local area. We thought diesel would be a likely option in many other markets, but the data shows diesel vehicle penetrations in most markets are typically only at about 2%.
Since Costco's business model depends on high volume sales in order to deliver substantial member savings, these low rates do not meet our expectations.
The most significant reason we do not install diesel at all our gas stations is the much lower expectation of future diesel vehicle sales. The concerns about diesel emissions, and the fact that VW stopped introducing new diesels to the US market in the wake of their EPA problems, lessens the chance that new diesel vehicle sales will increase significantly.
Lastly, our gas stations are very busy. One of the side effects of offering retail diesel is that our low prices sometimes draw large commercial trucks into our crowded stations. That raises safety and member convenience concerns with our other members, which is a significant consideration.
Although I'm sorry we’re not planning to offer additional diesel in Florida or North Carolina at this time, we appreciate your interest and hope you can understand our decision process.
Sincerely,

Super Chief

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel Chief
Price differences may also be due to the station selling Diesel #2 vs. B20 biodiesel. The B20 is 20-50 cents cheaper in CA.

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
Price differences may also be due to the station selling Diesel #2 vs. B20 biodiesel. The B20 is 20-50 cents cheaper in CA.
Can you explain what the difference is and will both work on a ecodiesel? I am highly tempted to pull the trigger on a 2022 JLURD as my first diesel.

Super Chief

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel Chief
I cannot even begin to explain the difference! The owners manual/factory does allow for B20 use but also recommends more frequent oil changes if you do. I use it occasionally and don't worry about it. The search function will get you much more info than I can give. FWIW I absolutely love mine.

Sponsored

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual
I cannot even begin to explain the difference! The owners manual/factory does allow for B20 use but also recommends more frequent oil changes if you do. I use it occasionally and don't worry about it. The search function will get you much more info than I can give. FWIW I absolutely love mine.
What is the normal oil change interval?

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Try to find a station that caters to or sells a lot of diesel to commercial/fleet vehicles. They're usually cheaper and you'll get fresher diesel. Avoid stations that cater mostly to gas and have diesel as an afterthought. You also won't know how long the diesel has been sitting around. Plus, they'll usually charge more.

I go to a local Valero currently at $3.95/gal. Compare this to $4.30/gal average for regular gas around my area in expensive-enough-as-it-is-San Diego, CA.
I find the exact opposite is true. OP was talking about going from Fl to NC. I just did a similar trip, actually Charlotte to Hilton Head SC back to Charlotte. The truck stop diesel was expensive. They have a captive audience. I was able to find diesel at a mom & pop store at $3.15. The truck stops were $3.50 plus. On the way back I was towing a 65 Corvair so truck stops were the most accommodating. Btw, a 2500# Corvair and a stupid heavy uhual trailer is all over the 3500# tow rating. My JLURD handled it fine, even on 37s.
Sponsored