Diesel fuel polishing

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 1984 CJ-7, 1999 XJ
Anyone consider or has put one of these systems on an ecodiesel? I first heard about it on the Diesel Brothers show. However I'm only really finding info for boat people.

Would this be a good add for the ecodiesel to ensure no real contaminates, water, gets to the injectors, and also it takes care of 100% of the air bubbles associated with conventional diesel fuel filter.

Thanks for any knowledge to can provide to a new diesel owner.

Advertisement

bryan8379

First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
It doesn't seem like something that would be necessary unless you are getting old diesel from some place that's sketchy, IMO

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel (FIRECRACKER RED), 2020 6.7L F350 l, 2011 QX56, 2005 5.9 Cummins
More diesel fuel filtration is pretty much always a good thing. Necessary? Worth it? Subjective.

IMO, it's worth it. Having said that it is down on my list of priorities. Since they have kept increasing the pressure in these common rail systems, they have found the need for better filtration. And it seems most manufacturers have done a decent job of providing such.

I'm personally a little more concerned with polishing the oil through bypass filtration. Although again, probably not necessary.

OP
ComfortablyNumb
First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More diesel fuel filtration is pretty much always a good thing. Necessary? Worth it? Subjective.

IMO, it's worth it. Having said that it is down on my list of priorities. Since they have kept increasing the pressure in these common rail systems, they have found the need for better filtration. And it seems most manufacturers have done a decent job of providing such.

I'm personally a little more concerned with polishing the oil through bypass filtration. Although again, probably not necessary.
Cool, thanks guy's!!!

WVB

First Name
Wes
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Unlimited 3.0L Diesel HellaYella
Might be worth a look. An extremely minuscule amount of water can wreck the entire fuel system. Hopefully factory filtration has gotten better. Ford was the worst with the 6.7L. Lots of $12,000 fuel system repairs that Ford refused to warranty.

OP
ComfortablyNumb
First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That would explain why the featured it on Diesel Brothers (Motor Trend Channel, I think)

They put it in a 6.7L Ford F450. They mentioned that it enhanced fuel economy as well.

SolarWizard

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model Y Performance / Diesel Gladiator soon
Occupation
energy management tech for homes and businesses
Where does one find such a thing?

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel (FIRECRACKER RED), 2020 6.7L F350 l, 2011 QX56, 2005 5.9 Cummins
FASS, Airdog, Aeromotive. Go hit up some of the established diesel pickup forums. I've had an Airdog 150 on my 2005 Dodge Ram 5.9L diesel since probably 2007-2008.