Device not supported

JL Bird

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep rubicon
So I’m having a little problem with my 2020 JLUR. Everytime I connect my phone to the usb/c I get a ‘device not supported’ notice on the screen. I have tried 5 different cables, 2 of them being brand new Apple cables and 3 aftermarket. I have tried pulling the fuse and resetting it that way…nothing helps. Does anyone have any ideas on what is causing this? It is driving me insane! TIA Jeepers
Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
How long has it been doing this Vicky? We had the same problem with our 2020 back in October. Was giving that message when we started up one morning. The problem lasted all day. The next morning everything was back working fine and the problem hasn't returned. Still don't know what caused it.

OP
OP
JL Bird

JL Bird

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep rubicon
It’s been doing it for about a week now. It’ll be fine for about 15 mins and then the notice will come up again. Sometimes it’ll go 30 mins without happening and sometimes it happens every 5 minutes.
How long has it been doing this Vicky? We had the same problem with our 2020 back in October. Was giving that message when we started up one morning. The problem lasted all day. The next morning everything was back working fine and the problem hasn't returned. Still don't know what caused it.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Don't guess that you just updated the OS in your phone? Anyway, try doing a forum search for "device not supported". That will give several threads to read.

OP
OP
JL Bird

JL Bird

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep rubicon
I’ve looked at all of them and no one really has any answers other than trying different cords. I’m calling the dealer tomorrow. I was just hoping I could avoid talking to them. Thanks for your help!

Sponsored

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
It might help to insure the radio's software version is v.39.6. Supposedly, that fixed this issue for some devices, as well as a host of other radio issues.

OP
OP
JL Bird

JL Bird

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep rubicon
Thank you! I’m calling the dealer today to request an appointment.
It might help to insure the radio's software version is v.39.6. Supposedly, that fixed this issue for some devices, as well as a host of other radio issues.

RFR JLR 2.0

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist
I’m currently having the same issue. I pulled the fuse and it worked for a couple of days and then quit. I gave an appointment with the dealer in a couple of weeks. Then today it started working again. We’ll see how long it lasts.

OP
OP
JL Bird

JL Bird

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep rubicon
Thanks for the reply!! Please let me know what the dealer says!!! I’ll try pulling the fuse to see if that gives me a fix
I’m currently having the same issue. I pulled the fuse and it worked for a couple of days and then quit. I gave an appointment with the dealer in a couple of weeks. Then today it started working again. We’ll see how long it lasts.
Sponsored