First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
The one they gave me was plasti-chrome with a dealer decal on it. i peeled the decal off and painted it flat black then used it to hold the temp tag until the plates came in. Then the frame went in the trash. The front one immediately went in the trash upon arrival at home. At least they drove the screws into the little indents on the bumper.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Where they belong!

I don't understand people that take the dealer frames off, to put their plates on, then put the dealer frames back on. ???

I don't even wait for the plates. As soon as I get home the frames are in the trash.
Not me, but IMO I think a lot of people just don't care the dealership's name is on the frame, they just think the frame "completes" the look of the plate.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Went and plated the new Jeep yesterday. I tossed the front and rear dealer advertising frames. I have left their fairly discreet advertising sticker on the back for the times when I take it to the dealer. I paid a little more locally and will be exercising that clout with them if need be. If/when it is at the dealer I do want them to recognize that it was bought there by a local.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Went and plated the new Jeep yesterday. I tossed the front and rear dealer advertising frames. I have left their fairly discreet advertising sticker on the back for the times when I take it to the dealer. I paid a little more locally and will be exercising that clout with them if need be. If/when it is at the dealer I do want them to recognize that it was bought there by a local.
I wasn’t aware of a dealer out by you. where did you go? Good info to have if future mechanicals happen in the San Juans

Sponsored

Whiskeybiskit

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL wrangler sport s
Vehicle Showcase
Same here. I pealed their dealer sticker off too.
Same. Took off the dealer plate frame, dealer badge, and took off the dealer tire cover before I left the lot and gave it back to them.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
I wasn’t aware of a dealer out by you. where did you go? Good info to have if future mechanicals happen in the San Juans
Flower Motors in Montrose is the local Jeep/Ram dealer. I have used them off and on for a couple of decades. They recently gave my friend very good emergency service on his Ram even though he purchased it from Grand Junction. They sell a LOT of Jeeps. My other friend who owns Colorado West Jeep tours/rentals in Ouray buys all his Jeeps there as well.

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I kept my "Carl Burger" dealer frames, not on my Jeep, but in the garage, because they make me think of Carl's Jr. Burgers (maybe known as Hardee's to some of you in the Midwest and Eastern United States), and they make me chuckle.

I never met Carl Burger, but I just think he's this huge, old, fat, rich dude who still smokes too much, and when he introduces himself, it's with a raspy, throaty, "Cahhhrl Buuurrrger...nice to meetcha."

Sponsored

YellOhJL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Network Engineer
Painted my dealer frames flat black, and put them back on. Plate looks a little unfinished without a frame. I requested that they not put any dealer decals or badges, which they didn't.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
When submitting my factory order, I specifically asked that they didn't install a front plate bracket that leaves holes in the front bumpers fairlead cover. I also mentioned that I'd be bringing my own plates on pick up day, and would put them on myself before driving off. They tried handing me a pair of frames, but I respectfully opted out. As great as my salesman was, I still prefer the clean and utilitarian look of a frameless plate.
I have to keep straightening my front plate without frame, the winds here get so bad they bend the plate, 80mph into a 60mph headwind lol.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dealer license plate frames 20210714_104729

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I have to keep straightening my front plate without frame, the winds here get so bad they bend the plate, 80mph into a 60mph headwind lol.

Jeep Wrangler JL Dealer license plate frames 20210714_104729
Oh yeah, now that's a different story. I had a brand new Ford box truck years ago. I treated it to a fresh new set of plates, but the wind would push the rear mudflap into the rear plate and bend it up to the sky. It didn't take more than a couple of days to look like a crumpled sandwich wrapper, which gave me an eye twitch every time I approached the roll up door. OCD, that son of a ...., made me march right back up to dmv for another freshy and a pit stop to the auto parts store for an aluminum frame. 😆

If the Maximus-3 Stealth front plate bracket didn't have a backside support frame, I would've rocked another outer frame. DMV charges nowadays, far outweighs that "clean" look. Lol

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
My neighbor had a Dodge Dakota with a free lifetime State safety inspection benefit, provided the dealer's license plate (plate, not frame) was affixed to the front bumper when it was taken to the Service Dept.

So, every year, he would remove his USAF squadron plate from the front bumper (PA is not a dual plate state) and install the dealer plate on the day of the State inspection appt.

My selling dealer promised me a free lifetime State inspection benefit, also, without any sort of caveats like the one I mention above. The sticker is due in October, so I'll be testing that promise soon enough.

---------------

I too binned the cheap plastic dealer plate frame when I arrived home with the new JLU. Now, had I also received a spare tire cover (I didn't) with the dealer's name, etc. emblazoned on it... That one, I have to think about. I don't like advertising for others, but a free cover is a free cover. 🤔

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
Frameless and unencumbered. Out there for everyone to see; full on frontal. Like god intended. Kind of like that Farrah poster I had above my bed.
Sponsored